We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium

Which Foxboro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlantic City, New...
reviews: 31
Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium

We are staying at the Best Western in Sharon for a preseason Giants Patriots game at Gillette Stadium. Is it walkable and if not what is the best way to get to the stadium without having to drive because I understand, just like a Giants game, the traffic is awful. Thank you.

13 replies to this topic
Foxboro...
reviews: 6
1. Re: Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium

from the Best Western to the stadium is 3 miles and aside from driving I would say a taxi but they may be hesitant to drive there either due to all the traffic. I say drive and tailgate before and after the game, to let the traffic die down. Also just as an fyi, great irish pub directly across from the Best Western called Mick Morgan's.

Atlantic City, New...
2. Re: Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium

Thank you. If for some reason we did decide to walk the three miles, is it a safe and easy walk, or just not doable?

Foxboro...
3. Re: Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium

The walk is along rte. 1 and something I wouldn't do. Take your car and tailgate or visit the establishments at Patriots Place.

Atlantic City, New...
4. Re: Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium

Ok so patriots place is open after the game ends?

Foxboro...
5. Re: Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium

Patriots Place runs normal business hours whether the Pats are playing or not. Not sure when the game is that you are going to

Boston...
reviews: 4
6. Re: Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium

A few of the bars/restaurants will be open after the game, but the shops all close around 9pm.

I definitely wouldn't walk the 3 miles down Route 1. I've walked from a mile out, which is fine as there is a lot of foot traffic, but 3 miles is too much and there's too many intersections. Traffic won't be as bad for a preseason game as it is for a regular season game. Most people leave in the early part of the 4th quarter when the "nobodys" are in the game.

Atlantic City, New...
7. Re: Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium

Ok sounds good thank you

Boston...
reviews: 125
8. Re: Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium

I agree with Diva about driving rather than walking. But, I think preseason games have a LOT of traffic too. I've only ever been to a preseason game and after that I said never again because the traffic was horrendous. And I'm happy with watching a game in my living room when it's snowing at gillette. ;)

Boston...
reviews: 2
9. Re: Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium

There'll be lots before the stadium, cheaper and easier to exit. You may want to use a lot on the north bound side to allow you an easy access to get back.

Atlantic City, New...
10. Re: Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium

Where wld I find another lot?

Reply to: Best Western Sharon to Gillette Stadium
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted