We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tailgating for concert

Which Foxboro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island NY
reviews: 106
Tailgating for concert

We are coming from out of town to see Bruce Springsteen at Gilette in August. We would love to tailgate in the parking lot but saw on the Gillette Stadium website that tailgating is allowed by license. What does this mean?

Boston...
1. Re: Tailgating for concert

Concerts could have different rules then for football games. You should call the stadium. Your parking charge will make you feel as if you purchased a license.

Long Island NY
reviews: 106
2. Re: Tailgating for concert

I heard it's gonna cost $40 for parking!!!!!

Boston...
3. Re: Tailgating for concert

If it does then you got a bargain by gillete terms. I was thinking a minimum of $50.00.

Sudbury...
reviews: 57
4. Re: Tailgating for concert

My ticket for last nite's concert at Fenway said NO tailgating. What does your ticket for Gillette/ Foxboro say? Not that you tailgate at Fenway, just stroll, eat Fenway franks for $5, chicken sausages for $7.50, and a small draft beer for $9.25!!!! Across the street the wait for Boston Beerworks was one hour before the concert, the line a block and a half long. Parking at Fenway was $30 or more at private lots.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Boston
reviews: 57
5. Re: Tailgating for concert

Here's parking info from Patriot's website. I don't know if the same rules apply to concerts but it does have a phone number to call.

>>Any questions relative to specific parking concerns should be directed to Gillette Stadium at 508-549-0477 or email parking@gillettestadium.com. <<

patriots.com/gillette-stadium/parking-and-di…

Here's the page that says tailgating "by license". http://www.gillettestadium.com/parking

I take that to mean the TOWN licensing ... they don't want people showing up at 4am and start partying for a 2pm kick-off. So they can't start until 4-hours before game time. I could be wrong ....

No tailgating at Fenway int he heart of the city makes perfect sense, but if they don't let people into the parking lots early, at Foxboro they'll have traffic WORSE than usual and once you let people into the lots ... what the heck are they supposed to do for 2+ hours? (I guess, the owners would love for you to shop at Patriot place, but tailgating at Gillette was ingrained long before Patirot Place existed!!

Boston...
6. Re: Tailgating for concert

Bostongirl

Good info. Sounds as if the tickets have some generic basic info which stays the same regardless of where the concert is. I'm betting there is no tail gating for concerts at gillete for concerts unless by permission thru a license.

Edited: 12:52 pm, August 15, 2012
Boston...
reviews: 4
7. Re: Tailgating for concert

Tailgating at Gillette for a concert is dependent on the artist. The artist must secure the license with the town to allow tailgating. They'll be tailgating for Springsteen, but security will be strict. Parking will be at least $40, but I'd expect $50.

The City of Boston does not allow tailgating at Fenway, ever.

Boston...
8. Re: Tailgating for concert

Here's a link to the article about the approval of the concert license by the selectmen. It says that excessive tailgating isn't a concern based on previous Springsteen concerts. The parking lots will open 3 hours before the concert. So it sounds like you'll be fine.

thesunchronicle.com/news/local_news/foxboro-…

Foxboro...
reviews: 16
9. Re: Tailgating for concert

Parking was officially announced as $40, which is what it normally is for Patriots games. On the Gillette website, it says that for concerts, it "varies", but official word came out yesterday (8/16) that it would be $40 for parking.

I'm actually hoping to find a cheaper place to park along route one. I thought about walking, but it's about 4 miles for us and I'm not sure that's something I want to do if it's too humid during the day.

Ellington...
reviews: 82
10. Re: Tailgating for concert

I doubt you will find much cheaper parking without a very long walk. Even the parking lots at the outer reaches of the stadium will probably be the same price given the expected crowds. Id just bite the bullet and pay the $40.