We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which holiday inn

Which Foxboro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
buffalo
reviews: 15
which holiday inn

Going to a game at Gillette - is it better to stay at Holiday Inn Sharon or Holiday Inn Mansfield. Which is easier to get to the stadium for and event and which one has more around it to do?

10 replies to this topic
Boston...
reviews: 4
1. Re: which holiday inn

The Holiday Inn Express in Sharon is probably easier to get to the stadium from, as it is on Route 1. Route 1 is a very busy divided highway. There are a TON of restaurant and stores in either direction (assuming you'll have a car) on Route 1. The Premium Outlets in Wrentham aren't far either. And there is Patriot Place attached to the stadium itself which is a big outdoor mall with a great movie theater, concert venue and restaurants. There is also a big Bass Pro Shop there.

The Holiday Inn in Mansfield is inside an industrial park. There are a few restaurants around, and a big outdoor mall, but it can be a bit of pain getting to the stadium on game day from there (you'll sit in a bunch of traffic).

buffalo
2. Re: which holiday inn

Someone told me there was a great pub just across the street from one of them and in a better location, but couldn't remember which one. Sounds like Sharon might be the better choice. Thank you! I think they need to build some walking distance

Boston...
3. Re: which holiday inn

That's the one in Sharon. There is a restaurant/pub named Wicked across the street. I'm pretty sure you can cross at the light right there, but keep in mind that Route One is a very busy road.

There is a hotel attached to Gillette Stadium (part of Patriot Place) and several motels within walking distance of the stadium, but you didn't ask that. :-)

Foxboro...
reviews: 6
4. Re: which holiday inn

Wicked closed over a year ago. The restaurant/pub across the street from the Sharon location is called Mick Morgan's. It's a great place with a varity of decent food. One thing to note is the intersection where the HI and Mick Morgan's is does get blocked off on game days. Might be a good idea to drive car across the street and park it at Mick's the morning of the game before the intersection is closed. If not you'd have to head away from the stadium in order to get rte 1 towards the stadium.

Link for Mick Morgan's:

http://www.mickmorgans.com/sharon.htm

Boston...
5. Re: which holiday inn

Wow, I just drove by there 2 weeks and didn't even notice! Of course, it has been so many things since it stopped being Bickfords. . .

Foxboro...
6. Re: which holiday inn

Diva21, perhaps instead of driving by you should stop in for drinks and something to eat. It really is a great place which I frequent on a weekly basis. Agreed so many places since Bickfords, but I think this place will stick.

buffalo
7. Re: which holiday inn

Diva - any names of the motels within walking distance? That would be great! The new one is sold out and the only other one I see is the America Best Value with horid reviews!

Foxboro...
8. Re: which holiday inn

Aside from the 2 places you mentioned there are not any places to stay within walking distance. The Holiday Inn in Sharon is pretty new and you should check to see if they have a shuttle service to the game. The stadium is only about 3 miles away from the HI.

American Best Value looks like a pit from the outside so good choice not to stay there.

buffalo
9. Re: which holiday inn

Thanks, will do!

Foxboro...
10. Re: which holiday inn

Is there one which supplies transportation to the game or at least has an outside vendor who does it on the cheap? This would be the deciding factor for me.

Reply to: which holiday inn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted