We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seaside Inn Falmouth, need advice

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 20
Seaside Inn Falmouth, need advice

I'm planning a trip to the Cape the long weekend of 7/8-7/10 but on the Saturday I need to drive to Boston and back which is leading me to feel that it may be better to stay on the more Eastern shore versus heading out West. I've read reviews of the Seaside Inn in Falmouth, but none really discuss Falmouth compared to other areas on the Cape. I'm looking for a relaxing weekend with good food and beach, but I've read that Falmouth may be busy and trafficky? Suggestions or advice? Is it really that much farther to drive out to Chatham and further?

Thanks.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 19
1. Re: Seaside Inn Falmouth, need advice

Here's just a little input for you. We have pals who live in Falmouth and it takes them just about as long to get the the bridges as it does us. We jump on 6 at Dennis. By looking at a map you would think the Falmouth area would be quicker but it doesn't work out that way 'cause we have much quicker access to the highway. Further east than Dennis will add more time than Falmouth and any route that puts you on Rt. 28 on a summer weekend means slow moving traffic. Also, there is an exodus of vacationers departing their cottage rentals in the morning and early afternoon. I hope your trip off Cape is really early or later in the day. What about staying in charming Sandwich? There's much to do, great dining options and a beautiful Bay beach backed up with gorgeous marshes over which you can walk on their boardwalk. Or at the town line you'll find Sandy Neck, one of the Cape's best beaches. Sandwich was Cape Cod's first town.

Westborough MA
2. Re: Seaside Inn Falmouth, need advice

ILive in MA, and choose to vacation in Falmouth.

It’s a lot less commercial than

Some other areas.....

Some restaurants, but not over run.

But there are a lot of great areas.

Falmouth and Dennis are both great for access.

But commute is very similar in time.

Chatham a little further.

It’s very easy to get off the cape from Falmouth, but as prior poster says, plan your time.

There are times to drive on the cape….and times to sit on the beach. (Better than parking on the bridge0.)

Map some alternative routes

The 8th -10th

Should be a lot better than week before, (fourth)

But it also really depends on where you are staying.

There are many areas of Falmouth.

I stay in east Falmouth.

I have 3 kids (grown) and grandkids, and they can all get there quickly after work,

Some stay 3 days, some over night, some most of day.

My daughter’s hubby commutes to and from the cape while she and my grandson are there.

Since you only have a few days, you really want an easy on and off cape weekend.

Falmouth should work well.

Some time, when you have more time, visit the lower cape and national seashore..

It’s like a different vacation.

And try Block Island.

Reminds me of the vineyard 20 years ago.

Enjoy your trip

Pam

PamPintoRealtor@hotmail.com

3. Re: Seaside Inn Falmouth, need advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, August 14, 2009