We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shellfishing/ clamming in Falmouth

Which Falmouth hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Upstate NY
reviews: 28
Shellfishing/ clamming in Falmouth

Does anyone know what the regulations (season, cost of permit, catch limit) are for clamming in Falmouth? I will be there the 1st week of August.

It looks like every town has different rules and costs for permits. Ideally I would like to get a family permit so we can all enjoy the fun. If Falmouth does not offer family permits is there a nearby town that does?

Boston...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Shellfishing/ clamming in Falmouth

You can obtain one by visiting the Tax Collectors window at Falmouth Town Hall. Non Resident is $50 and I'm pretty sure it's good for a full year. They don't sell "Family" permits as far as I'm aware but you can check if you decide to go get one. Also not sure on the daily limit (or if there is one). My brother in law lives there and I've seen him dig nearly a bushel of them in one day.

If you want to be certain, call them at 508-548-7611

Cape Cod
reviews: 16
2. Re: Shellfishing/ clamming in Falmouth

Hi there-

I am happy you see that you are getting a liscence for Falmouth. Clamming is a lot of of fun, and worth the investment. We have an overzealous DNR officer in town, so be aware. I got a big fine once because I was clamming in an area that was closed, but there were no signs posted. Do you know where you will be clamming?

Upstate NY
reviews: 28
3. Re: Shellfishing/ clamming in Falmouth

Thanks for your follow up.

I have never been to Cape Cod before so I have no clue where I'll be clamming. Honestly if a permit cost me $50 I doubt I'll do it at all. It's just not worth it for a weeks trip. It would have been fun to do as a family activity but then everyone's going to need a $50 permit? Forget that. For that kind of money I'll buy a bushel and burry em in the lawn if I feel like working for my food.

I noticed that other towns offer family permits for around $60, maybe I'll try it there.

4. Re: Shellfishing/ clamming in Falmouth

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:45 am, December 13, 2009