We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House rental near shooting range? Should I be worried?

Which Edgartown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 57
House rental near shooting range? Should I be worried?

Can anyone fill me in on the deal with the shooting range in Edgartown? One of the homes we are considering renting seems to be one road away from the street address of the MV Rod & Gun Club, which is a little concerning to me, especially since we have two young children and a dog. Is it safe, will we hear shots, etc?

3 replies to this topic
Lincoln, NH
reviews: 7
1. Re: House rental near shooting range? Should I be worried?

I have no knowledge of this range other than just looking it up and then referring to a Google map of the area. I would suggest you do the same to see how far the club is from your rental. I can't say what sound you may or may not hear from the range. It will depend on how close and the caliber of the rifles/pistols being fired. I can tell you, as a rifle instructor, that ranges are scrupulous about safety and you should not worry about errant rounds leaving the range.

LMM

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 105
2. Re: House rental near shooting range? Should I be worried?

I spent an entire summer on the Boulevard, just off of 3rd Ave. Very close to the Rod and Gun club. Very rarely did we hear shots. There has never been an incident at the club, as far as I know. I'm sure they have set hours out of respect to the neighbors. You're in a nice area, right on the back of Sengekontacket. Enjoy your vacation!

Centennial, Colorado
reviews: 7
3. Re: House rental near shooting range? Should I be worried?

I've never been to MV (here to ask questions!), but as someone who has lived within hearing range of shooting ranges twice now in my life...I see little reason to be concerned. I run or bike past one about 3 days a week.

I'm even a left-wing gun control advocate and being in close proximity to these places doesn't bother me :-)

Reply to: House rental near shooting range? Should I be worried?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted