We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels with water views and close to shops/restaurants???

Which Edgartown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
providence
reviews: 4
Hotels with water views and close to shops/restaurants???

Planning 2 night trip edgartown and would love to stay somewhere with a beach or harbor view...Harbor View hotel ; which seems like the likely choice has no view rooms available for my dates...Leaning towards Harborside Inn..but looking for suggestions as can't seem to find too many hotels that offer water views from the room.

While I am here will ask a second question: where can we enjoy a lobster / clambake traditional a this time in edgartown?

I am looking to go next week : june 11 and 12

thanks!

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 96
1. Re: Hotels with water views and close to shops/restaurants???

There are not many waterview lodging establishments in Edgartown, or the whole island, for that matter. If you need a waterview, book the Harborside Inn. Did you read the reviews for the Harborside? Not that great and if you are flexible on being just steps from the water, I'd suggest the Jonathan Munroe House, the Victorian Inn, or the Lightkeepers Inn.

For a lobster in a casual atmosphere, check out The Wharf Pub.

Boston...
reviews: 14
2. Re: Hotels with water views and close to shops/restaurants???

Yes, this is true. There might be one or two inns/ hotels in Vineyard Haven with a few rooms with water views. Oak Bluffs definitely has a few inns that face the water, I do not remember their names but you can probably map them. The clambake question is a great one and I don't know the answer. There is a church in Vineyard Haven that offers a lobster roll supper every Friday night (or used to) so this might be an alternative for you -- it's very popular but not fancy and no views. But try doing a search on Google or Bing?

providence
3. Re: Hotels with water views and close to shops/restaurants???

would you say oak bluffs or vineyard haven are better locations overall than edgartown.?..I am really scrambing here...thanks for your suggestions thus far! How far is oak bluffs and the haven from edgartown ? My understanding is that they were rough 3 miles away? thank you

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 100
4. Re: Hotels with water views and close to shops/restaurants???

It is about 6 miles from Edgartown to OB, and another 3 or so onto VH. Edgartown is my favorite of the 3 so I am biased towards it but as they are so close together you can easily stay in one and experience the others. You might have more luck getting water views in Oak Bluffs - here are a couple of links (I have not stayed in any of these, so you should check reviews)

http://www.vineyardinns.com/

http://www.mvsurfside.com/

http://www.samosetinn.com/

Martha's Vineyard
Destination Expert
for Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 96
5. Re: Hotels with water views and close to shops/restaurants???

The closest you will get to staying on the beach in Oak Bluffs is at either Isabelle's Beach House or the Capricorn House. They are across a busy road, but some of the rooms offer waterviews. Isabelle's is booked for the days you want, but the 'Pilot House Room' in the Capricorn House has a deck facing the water available for the 11th and 12th of June.

Kendrick is right about the distance from one town to the next. If you are going to stay in Oak Bluffs, Coope de Ville, on the harbor has lobster night for $14 on Tuesdays. Also, in Vineyard Haven, the Net Result has a clambake in a bag consisting of lobster, clams, and maybe corn. The island wide bus system, the VTA is easy to take and will make getting from one town to another a breeze, if you don't have a car. Check their website for schedules and fares.

providence
6. Re: Hotels with water views and close to shops/restaurants???

This was extremely helpful!...I will make a decision between Edgartown vs oak bluffs in a few hours...I am soo leaning toward Edgartown but because the Pied piper Ferry is not sailing into the Harbor just yet I have to take the Island Queen to Oak Bluffs instead. I am traveling with parents without a car and need to minimize travel time...If I decide on Edgartown..I am sure I can cab it in? Thanks soooo very much..Will let you in on my decision.

Please keep any other suggestions in.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 100
7. Re: Hotels with water views and close to shops/restaurants???

Yes, there will cabs waiting at the dock. I am heading there myself early next week, fingers crossed for nice weather!

8. Re: Hotels with water views and close to shops/restaurants???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, October 02, 2013