We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good restaurant for a special 60th b-day dinner?

Which Edgartown hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston, MA
Good restaurant for a special 60th b-day dinner?

My family is planning a dinner to celebrate my mom's 60th in Edgartown this August, and I'm trying to find a great place for dinner. Something upscale with great food, but not too outrageously priced or stuffy since there will be about 16 of us (and my stepdad's picking up the tab)! Any recommendations?

Conn.
1. Re: Good restaurant for a special 60th b-day dinner?

Dear Dooley621,

Try Lattanzi's. My favorite restaurant on the Island. Have had many delicious meals there during my summer visits to Edgartown. And they offer custom, family style menus for parties. Several years ago I had my son's baptism party there...casual but deliciously, elegant food served family-style and the owner was a peach to work with. Restaurant property is beautiful too.

Regards,

Latlo

Boston
2. Re: Good restaurant for a special 60th b-day dinner?

Don't go here - the food and service is terrible. We went on July 5th 2006. The food for lunch was served on paper plates, the french fries were cold, the food served in small portions. The prices listed on the receipt were different than what was on the menu, all higher of course.

Try Seafood Shanty or Coach House - price are still on the high side but the food is better. The Navigator is a rip off of the tourists.

Conn.
3. Re: Good restaurant for a special 60th b-day dinner?

Dear billstutter --

Interesting. To my knowledge, Lattanzi's doesn't serve french fries or use paper plates! I don't believe they have never served any type of deep fried foods, french fries or otherwise. Menu is strictly Northern Italian dishes, steak and seafood, pasta and pizza. And, delicious. Are you sure you were at Lattanzi's?

Best regards,

Latlo

Mass.
4. Re: Good restaurant for a special 60th b-day dinner?

Dear Dooley621,TA & billstutter,

I am not sure which restaurant billstutter is commenting on but it does not seem to be mine. We are not open for lunch nor do we have french fries on our menu. billstutter my have been confused and thought he was at Lattanzi's when he could have been eating at a neighboring restaurant that does serve fries(possible cold) on paper plates.

I would like to have this straightened out as soon as possible please.

Regards,

Albert Lattanzi

Lattanzi's Restaurant

Mass.
5. Re: Good restaurant for a special 60th b-day dinner?

Dear Dooley621,

Try The Grill on Main, they have a semi-private dining area that should hold 16. I bring my staff there for end of the season parties and it is allways excelent. Chef Tony is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet as well!

Albert Lattanzi

Lattanzi's Restaurant

6. Re: Good restaurant for a special 60th b-day dinner?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, August 15, 2009