We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Springhill Beach and surrounding area

CT
reviews: 26
Springhill Beach and surrounding area

What's Springhill Beach like? Toddler friendly?rocky? We are going in late September and staying at a cottage right on this beach.Is there any shops within walking distance? Thanks

3 replies to this topic
Yarmouth, MA
1. Re: Springhill Beach and surrounding area

I can't speak to Springhill Beach specifically, never having visited that one, as far as I can recall. However, I can tell you that Town Neck Beach (just to the north) and Sandy Neck Beach (to the south) tend to be pretty pebbly as compared with other beaches on the Cape.

The pebbly-ness is mainly from the high tide line out to about the mean low water mark. Above the high tide line, there's pebble-free sand.

Virtually every Cape Cod Bay beach is toddler friendly (but for the pebbly-ness on some, for which water shoes help a lot on tender little toes). The waves on the Bay are generally pretty mild, and in the summer months the water temps are plenty warm enough for swimming. Late September, the water might be a little chilly.

As far as shops within walking distance of Springhill Beach, not that I can think of right off the top of my head. However, you'll be within just a few minutes drive of Rt. 6A and Sandwich Village where you'll find plenty of shopping, dining, and plenty of things to see and do.

For toddlers - don't miss a visit to the Sandwich Fish Hatchery just off Rt. 6A in East Sandwich. Take a pocketful of quarters with you and have a ball feeding the fish!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 20
2. Re: Springhill Beach and surrounding area

And if you didn't get to the Children's Museum in Mashpee on your recent visit then you might want to slip it into the schedule this time.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 20
3. Re: Springhill Beach and surrounding area

And one day when you've been out exploring, you've missed lunch are you are really hungry stop in at Dunbar's Tea Room and have lunch until about 4:30 or so. Yes there is tea and pastry but also the ploughman's lunch and microbrew beer. Right downtown in Sandwich.

Reply to: Springhill Beach and surrounding area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about East Sandwich