We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic Ocean temps - evidence?

Which East Orleans hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 19
Atlantic Ocean temps - evidence?

Yesterday morning at Nauset Beach the water was cold but actually it was not bone-chilling which is my usual description. We were able to go in which is unusual. So, which way was the wind blowing? In the morning it was coming in from the north and by the afternoon, when we shook out our blanket, I noticed it was coming from the south. I was only wondering about easterly and westerly winds so now I'm really confused. It did seem to me to be warmer in the later afternoon.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 19
1. Re: Atlantic Ocean temps - evidence?

Oh and also the seals were enjoying it too. There were a dozen seals swimming back and forth. At one point the surfers were looking over their shoulders at them. Another time one individual came up really close to shore. They stayed in the area for about 3 hours. Maybe now we don't need a trip to the Chatham Fish pier to see those 5 seals there.

The Sea
2. Re: Atlantic Ocean temps - evidence?

They've actually named some of the seals that have become regular visitors of the Chatham Fish Pier. It's a cute place to bring little kids. And it's free! Parking is limited but that is also free.

I think rental chairs, umbrellas and cabanas are a wonderful addition to Nauset Beach. Something new. That's nice.

The Sea
3. Re: Atlantic Ocean temps - evidence?

I should have written my last comment here instead:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g41545-i3872-k3731…

Massachusetts
4. Re: Atlantic Ocean temps - evidence?

The direction of the wind has no effect whatsoever on the temperature of the Atlantic ocean. In the afternoon you were more acclimated to the water temperature because you had been exposed to it earlier in the day.

5. Re: Atlantic Ocean temps - evidence?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, December 24, 2010
Get answers to your questions about East Orleans