We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Soundings Seaside Hotel

Which Dennis Port hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
The Soundings Seaside Hotel

Has anyone visitied The Soundings Hotel recently and what do you think? We are trying to plan a family vacation for August and this hotel has everything we are looking for. It is on the beach has both an indoor and outdoor pool and efficiency rooms. The price is also perfect. We are traveling with 5 adults and 4 children (under 12)

Our only hesitation is the very mixed reviews. We have also heard that a portion of the hotel is currently under renovation. Please help, we are very confused.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
1. Re: The Soundings Seaside Hotel

Soundings actually has a number of relatively recent reviews (not sure if it is open in the winter). Seems that there are some newer rooms which are not a problem and older rooms that are "buyer beware". Suggest some calls and request current pictures be sent by email to you before you commit.

New York
2. Re: The Soundings Seaside Hotel

I have called. It is closed until May. Not sure if this is just for renovations or if it always closes in the winter. According to the reservation company, the condo rooms are being renovated, but they are unsure about the other rooms or the pools, etc.

Do you know of any other hotel in the area that has similar facilities, but is a safer choice.

reviews: 12
3. Re: The Soundings Seaside Hotel

Although there are always exceptions to the rule,"You get what you pay for", in general you should adjust your expectations accordingly whenever you book the least expensive accommodation in a motel with mixed reviews.

Many motels (condos converted from motels and cottage colonies) close all winter. In fact, some are only allowed to stay open seasonally. I can't speak to this particular hotel, but owners/managers can usually be reached via e-mail for reservations.

Edited: 5:14 pm, March 03, 2011
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 20
4. Re: The Soundings Seaside Hotel

Most of the motels along Chase Ave are now time shares. They still rent but, as you've found, it's a bit difficult to get info on them. At the other end of the street, Old Wharf Rd, are two that remain family run motels. They are also right on the beach but their heated pools are outside only. Three Seasons and Colony Beach Motel. Colony also has some kitchenettes if you would like to set yourselves up to have breakfast on the beach and easy to grab snacks. Sometimes in high season it is good not to have to arrive at restaurants too hungry due to the usual wait for a table. There are some great restaurants in this area both upscale and casual to which you could walk. Dennisport is also centrally located on the Cape for a quick day trip here or there if you decide to leave.

Good luck with your plans.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 1
5. Re: The Soundings Seaside Hotel

Have you thought of renting a house? You might not get one right on the beach or with a pool but I'm sure that CapeCod Charlie could advise you. Many of us who answer questions on this forum have rented for many years and I can recommend it especially with children. You hardly need a pool with so much sea around you, never think of the Cape as being a pool kind of place to be honest.

Meriden, Connecticut
6. Re: The Soundings Seaside Hotel

I just returned 6/19/11 after spending 4 days/3 nights and we stayed in the hotel unit which is the older building. There is one section under construction and another that was completed which are close to the water and pool. They are beautiful. There are several 1/2 bdrm units with no water view that are located very near the pool/restaurant/lobby and they are also beautiful. We had no problem with out hotel room but the windows did not open. Not a problem, we left the door open and the ocean breeze was constant. No coffee maker in the room so if you are addicted bring your own. Food at restaurant is good but expensive however the Wee Packet is 1/4 up the street and excellent. I would say take the chance, I did and we had a great time.

Meriden, Connecticut
7. Re: The Soundings Seaside Hotel

I just returned 6/19/11 after spending 4 days/3 nights and we stayed in the hotel unit which is the older building. There is one section under construction and another that was completed which are close to the water and pool. They are beautiful. There are several 1/2 bdrm units with no water view that are located very near the pool/restaurant/lobby and they are also beautiful. We had no problem with out hotel room but the windows did not open. Not a problem, we left the door open and the ocean breeze was constant. No coffee maker in the room so if you are addicted bring your own. Food at restaurant is good but expensive however the Wee Packet is 1/4 up the street and excellent. I would say take the chance, I did and we had a great time.

8. Re: The Soundings Seaside Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, October 24, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port