We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Costco or big supermarket

Which Dennis Port hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 17
Costco or big supermarket

I was wondering, if any Costco store or big super close by in Dennis Port?

Thanks!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 19
1. Re: Costco or big supermarket

No. There's one chain grocery store in Patriot Sq. which is immediately on your left after you exit the hwy 6 onto Rt 134. Then there are smaller markets. Harwich also has a chain grocery store but nothing like Costco. And, btw, these chain stores charge about 20% more on the Cape than their Boston area counterparts.

Hope someone can suggest a Costco that is on your route where you can stop for non-perishables.

reviews: 12
2. Re: Costco or big supermarket

There is a BJ's in Hyannis in the Independence Park area, near Home Depot.

Montclair, New...
reviews: 7
3. Re: Costco or big supermarket

Even though its not Costco, the local Stop n Shop is actually pretty decent in size and should have everything you need. We stop there day of arrival and pick up all the things we need for the week including non perishables rather than taking up space in the car with them. Enjoy!

Provincetown...
Destination Expert
for Aruba, Provincetown
reviews: 20
4. Re: Costco or big supermarket

There is also Shaw's in S. Yarmouth and Harwich which we like better than Stop & Shop.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
5. Re: Costco or big supermarket

Then, on a smaller scale there are markets along Lower County Rd, the P&D fruit/veg stand, Woolfies bakery, fresh fish at Swan River Market, ice cream at Sundae School (in gallons to take home) so that you don't have to supplement your initial supply by going beyond the Dennisport beach road.

Of course I should also mention Ring Bros. in case you do go up Rt. 134 to Patriot Sq. It is in the shopping center that is across the street and directly west of Patriot Sq and has lots of specialty items including upscale items and nice prepared meals, sides, salads and dessert. Have a yummy vacation.

Boston...
6. Re: Costco or big supermarket

We drive cross town .....just to buy our meats at Petersons Market - I think it just cant be beat. We drive over while waiting for our cottage to be readied for us.

If you were looking for warehouse shopping for price - this probably wont suit you but you cant beat the quality there

Edited: 9:19 pm, August 01, 2010
Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
7. Re: Costco or big supermarket

I know what you mean Avid. In Dennis the Dennis Market has the most choice beef when you want a little relief from all the fresh fish though it is an expensive option. But actually it may be that it can be beat and by Costco if you have the chance to buy steak there. I am the last person in the world it seems who is not a Costco member but this year I was surprised to hear some local opinions that Omaha Steaks and Costco have the best steaks. This was after having an incredibly delicious steak at a friend's house which was from Costco. I'm not a big fan of steak and was just amazed at how good that Costco steak was. Don't know how the price compares but the Costco model is to sell to their members at their cost or close to it so there would have to be a savings.

The Sea
8. Re: Costco or big supermarket

Julia1975: HYou'll be able to buy whatever you need once you arrive on the Cape and even if the grocery bill comes in a little bit higher than it would if you were shopping at home, it'll be much less than a week's worth of restaurant meals!

There aren't any Costco's on the Cape yet so the quality of their steak is mute.

We usually get our rare piece of steak or beef at Peterson's Market if we're out that way or from Chatham Market when we're in town. Both sell high quality meats.

I get very fresh produce at either Shaw's or Stop and Shop. The smaller markets generally can't beat the quality of produce of the larger stores.

9. Re: Costco or big supermarket

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, January 30, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Dennis Port