We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Swan River

Which Dennis hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
reviews: 3
Beach at Swan River

Hi All,

I am thinking of renting a house on Baker Way in West Dennis . It is on a private beach right where Nantucket Sound meets up with Swan River.

Does anyone know how the beach is in this area. My kids hate seaweed and rocky beaches. Is the sand soft and relatively rock free?

Thanks!

doreen

Hadley...
reviews: 59
11. Re: Beach at Swan River

That really is a sweet spot for a vacation,

Massachusetts
12. Re: Beach at Swan River

Thank you for all of the replies. It turns out that some of my family cannot make it when the house is available so we can't go to that house after all. I will definitely keep it in mind for next year and book early.

Thanks again!

Doreen

Massachusetts
13. Re: Beach at Swan River

I'm back for more advice.

Turns out my siblings can't go at all now so I am looking at much smaller houses for just my family.

I found one on the corner of Lower County Rd. and South Village Rd. They say it is a 3 minute walk to South Village Beach.

CapeCodCharlie.. I know you said that if I was staying somewhere other than that big white house that you would have more comments. Someone else said that there are some seedy parts around here.

Any feedback on this house. Is South Village Rd. a busy road to walk down. Is this a seedy area?

Thanks again all for your help.

Doreen

The Sea
14. Re: Beach at Swan River

I never considered any part of this area being 'seedy' I wonder what was meant by that? Dennis vacation homes are a great example of a time mostly gone by on Cape Cod. Most of the houses for rent represent a real Cape summer experience. The Nantucket Sound and Cape Cod Bay environs are a favorite of families, couples and large groups. The proximity to good beaches, a host of dining opportunities from Hyannis through Chatham and the authentic summer beach community atmosphere brings people back year after year. A rental might be threadbare or in need of a coat of paint or something, but there's nothing seedy about the area. Come to the Cape and have a relaxed, authentic beach vacation. You'll love it.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 20
15. Re: Beach at Swan River

Doreen, so glad that you will be able to enjoy the Cape after all. Let me assure you that the area is not 'seedy' as in rundown. Are you thinking about seaweed? I think that was pretty throughly discussed in earlier posts so I bet that's not what you are asking.

South Village Beach Rd IS the beach road but it never seems to be THAT busy to me. The speed limit is 25 and folks regularly are walking down that road to the beach which means cars need to travel even slower. But, Lower County Rd. will indeed be more busy. Will the bedrooms front on Lower County? Still, this road is generally used just for local traffic and it is not like locating on busy Rt. 28. Is the house pictured on a website?

If I haven't completely answered your question then ask again.

If it were me and the house was located on South Village Beach Rd. I would consider that a plus. On Lower County would be more subjective though the proximity to the beach is great and I am a very big fan of being on or close to the beach and that's a nice long one - our favorite of the southside beaches in fact.

Massachusetts
16. Re: Beach at Swan River

Here is a link to the house

http://www.weneedavacation.com/Cape/16267.htm

The owner said it was on Lower County on the corner of S. Village.

It looks nice! I think we'll go for it.

thanks,

doreen

17. Re: Beach at Swan River

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, August 31, 2010