We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon In Chatham in 1 week! (with NO agenda to follow)

Which Chatham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Honeymoon In Chatham in 1 week! (with NO agenda to follow)

We are very excited to be spending the bulk of our honeymoon on the Cape. When "forced" to choose a road trip from the south to the Cape (yes we are driving....we'll make it a 3 day trip up) or choosing the cliche' carribean resort..well...we chose the cape....it's seems much more 'us'.

We are staying at the Carriage House Inn..and we are VERY excited.

Basically we are "winging it" like the free-spirit crazy 'youngsters' that my future wife and I are..and have no set plans..in fact, we didn't want set plans. Life is hectic enough.

BUT we would LOVE to hear some "must do's" "great to do's" "should do's" and "dontcha dare do's" suggestions for things to see, and/or do and places to eat (looking for more relaxed atmospheres for the bulk of the time) for our 5 days 4 nights in Chatham.

We are driving up from the south so we WILL (obviously) have a vehicle to use...but wouldn't mind and perhaps, even prefer, biking, walking, (we are both hikers and outdoors people) in the area.

I've searched and searched..but the possibilities are endless..however, our time up there will, unfortunately, not be..so we want to make the most of it while still enjoying each other....

Any and all recommendations for ANYTHING at all will be great !

Not sure where we are going to stay along the way up..DC is the halfway point...maybe a night in connecticut...we are open to ideas from others who may have made the drive as well as to where to stay along the way...

thanks again everybody!

Atlanta, Georgia
11. Re: Honeymoon In Chatham in 1 week! (with NO agenda to follow)

sarah2000- thank you and thank you for your traffic/route recomendations...this is something I'm going to have to plan out either today or tommorrow..because the rest of the week will be filled with my pre-requisite pre-wedding jitters that I've been warned I'd get....

One thing we WILL (hopefully) be doing is catching a Chatham Anglers Baseball game on that wednesday or thursday night...we are both big baseball fans and some great Major League Talent comes out of this league...anyone been to any of these Cape Cod League games? Where do you get tickets,etc?

South Chatham, MA
reviews: 4
12. Re: Honeymoon In Chatham in 1 week! (with NO agenda to follow)

All the Cape League games are free! Though they do pass around a bucket for donations...I'm not a baseball person but do know that one...

And re NYC traffic: I use the George Washingington Bridge and also time it so that I'm not there in rush times...but....I've also been stuck in traffic on the last 3 miles past the final exit on NJTP going north at all times of day so when I get to the Vince Lombardi service area, I take the very next exit and work my way thru downtown Fort Lee to get to a ramp that gets on bridge with toll plaza almost right there...use Google maps in pix mode or street view to see it....a GPS can be very handy for this!

Also, regarding DC, when I have gone the 95 route and skipped my friends, I found that using the eastern part of beltway loop was better than western part...same distance about, but a bit less busy.

South Chatham, MA
13. Re: Honeymoon In Chatham in 1 week! (with NO agenda to follow)

Phooey! Dang it TA!!! I just spent may last few min editing post to add some good stuff and then it said "time expired" and lost all of it! will have to redo it later today...

Atlantic Coast
14. Re: Honeymoon In Chatham in 1 week! (with NO agenda to follow)

Don't bothers:

Cape Cod Train anything. Really terrible in my opinion.

The Aquarium: Also a waste of money

Must dos: National Seashore, whale watch, eat a lobster roll, see a sunset, eat an ice cream cone, indulge in fried clams, Woodshole Oceanographic Institute, enjoy a Cape Cod League baseball game, catch an outdoor concert around a town center if you can find one this early in the season.

My must do list is heavy on the eating, I see. Have fun.

South Chatham, MA
15. Re: Honeymoon In Chatham in 1 week! (with NO agenda to follow)

Here's a couple of links to a couple of public Google Maps that I created to show routes around GWB:

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Hopefully you can access them.

Also, buy gas at Pilot truck stops or Love's or Flying J...good prices there!...there are some I use every trip, like at Carney's Point NJ, Bordentown NJ, and along I-81 in western VA.

chicago
reviews: 30
16. Re: Honeymoon In Chatham in 1 week! (with NO agenda to follow)

We just got back from the Cape yesterday, and here were two happy "accidental" finds:

The Beachcomber Inn in Wellfleet--a fun beach bar with live music.

Taking the ferry to Monomoy Island. We picnicked with about 300 seals!

Atlanta, Georgia
17. Re: Honeymoon In Chatham in 1 week! (with NO agenda to follow)

I've got it worked out that we will be missing DC altogether now as we are going to detour through Gettysburg, PA and stay a night at a B&B there as well..,,,Gettysburg is an amazing place...the downside is that it will still be a 10 hour drive the next day from there to the Cape...

but should be a fun detour...

Thanks again..you all are wonderful..and I have tons of decisions to make..though we may, as usual, just go with the flow once we get there.

I do gather this from you all:: eat a TON (ESPECIALLY Ice cream) and enjoy the natural beauty of the Cape :)

The Sea
18. Re: Honeymoon In Chatham in 1 week! (with NO agenda to follow)

Nobody's mentioned Art's Dune Tours in Provincetown yet. You can see the sights and enjoy a clam bake on the tour.

http://www.artsdunetours.com/

Edited: 8:58 am, June 14, 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
19. Re: Honeymoon In Chatham in 1 week! (with NO agenda to follow)

THANK YOU EVERYONE WHO GAVE US ADVICE! The Honeymoon was like a Dream...the only problem was..it ended WAY too soon,.,..

BUT we are already planning to go back next year :)

I can't say enough about Tim and Paula at the Carriage House Inn...they and their B&B are second to none!

As for the Cape itself...well...it's a place we will go again...and again...

Next time we will fly from Atlanta instead of drive :)

Thanks again everyone

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
20. Re: Honeymoon In Chatham in 1 week! (with NO agenda to follow)

You don't get away with just that. We want details... Not those details the other details. :)