We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Stroll or First Night

Which Chatham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rhode Island
reviews: 3
Christmas Stroll or First Night

If you had to pick a weekend to visit Chatham, would it be the Christmas Stroll or First Night? I am undecided.

Thank you,

Debbie

Connecticut Yankee
reviews: 9
1. Re: Christmas Stroll or First Night

Consider heading over to Nantucket for their Christmas Stroll instead. It's a great event and just one weekend that's included as part of Nantucket's Noel Celebration.

www.nantucketchamber.org/visitor/Stroll.html

Hadley...
reviews: 73
2. Re: Christmas Stroll or First Night

The Nantucket Christmas Stroll is awesome, but the inn rates go up sky high during that time. Like $500.00 plus a night and up.

The Cape Strolls are really fun. I would say do that and stay at a nice cosy place.

Connecticut Yankee
3. Re: Christmas Stroll or First Night

The Brass Lantern on Nantucket has a room for $350.00 a night for 12/4 through 12/5, two night minimum. Not a 'budget' choice, but still less than one might expect. ;)

Hadley...
reviews: 73
4. Re: Christmas Stroll or First Night

I would love to go to the Nantucket Stroll.

South Chatham, MA
reviews: 4
5. Re: Christmas Stroll or First Night

Having been to both in Chatham in last few years, I'd pick the stroll as weather has been better in most cases...and if it appears that conditions will be bad, you might be able to cancel out and still have a backup plan.

Connecticut Yankee
6. Re: Christmas Stroll or First Night

Chatham's Christmas Stroll is scheduled for Dec. 11 and 12th.

http://www.chathaminfo.com/event/show/799

Of course we've participated in all three events through the years but we really love the Nantucket Stroll. The success of First Night in Chatham is largely dependent upon the weather and last year many activities were curtailed because of a storm. So, if you're hoping to get into the holiday spirit, Cape Cod style, I'd suggest you choose one of the strolls. Chatham and Nantucket are very similar in their atmosphere; you might really love staying in one of the downtown Chatham inns. Many have rooms with fireplaces.

Chatham Wayside Inn has deluxe queen rooms for Dec. 11 and 12th for $158.00 including tax. The Wayside Inn is located in Chatham center, very lovely and all the charms of Main Street are just steps away.

http://www.waysideinn.com/

Debbie: What is your budget?

Bonaire
reviews: 136
7. Re: Christmas Stroll or First Night

Stroll....most of the Cape towns have 'em the Dec. 6 weekend..

Connecticut Yankee
8. Re: Christmas Stroll or First Night

Chatham's Festival of Trees and Santa's visit to the Chatham Fish Pier is taking place on the weekend of Dec. 5 and 6.

Chatham's Christmas Stroll is the weekend of Dec. 11th. this year.

Chatham
reviews: 7
9. Re: Christmas Stroll or First Night

Christmas Stroll would be my choice. There are many events going on that weekend in many of the surrounding towns too. The Inn tour is lots of fun. Last year I ate my way through the towns inns. The Holiday Breads at the Bradford Inn were my favorite, a wonderful blueberry lemon loaf (I got the recipes). The weather is usually still beautiful, the shops are open late. The Chatham Candy manor has candy can demonstrations - my favorite. Start with the hayride to scope out where you want to go first.

Don't get me wrong, First Night is great too, and the fireworks and dropping Cod are wonderful too, I just prefer The Stroll.

Chatham...
reviews: 12
10. Re: Christmas Stroll or First Night

We love both, we live in Chatham and First Night here is a well attended event and the stroll is a great way to see all of the inns in town and eat lots of goodies too....