We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Brewster have a "village centre"?

Which Brewster hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belfast, Ireland
reviews: 22
Does Brewster have a "village centre"?

Hi there

I'm planning to finish a trip to Boston, New England and Quebec with a visit to Cape Cod for three or four nights at the start of October (it has always been my dream to visit here). I firstly considered staying in Hyannis, which seems like it is a hive of activity. However, I'm not sure that's what I (and my fiance) want.

I really like the Ocean's Edge resort in Brewster but I'm concerned that Brewster doesn't have a central area that houses restaurants or bars or shops. Is that right? We do like to venture out walking in the evenings and stopping in a restaurant for a nice dinner and some drinks without having to take the car. Would this be impossible if we stayed at Ocean's Edge in Brewster?

If that's not possible, I'd be really grateful for alternative suggestions for a nice hotel near a lively hub that isn't Provincetown or Hyannis.

Thanks so much in advance from a very un-educated Irish tourist!

Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
reviews: 120
1. Re: Does Brewster have a "village centre"?

Brewster does not have the type of business center that you are looking for. Rather rural with a general store. I would suggest looking into Wellfleet for a town with a lively downtown that is walkable with restaurants, shops, art gallaries. Or else Orleans or Chatham.

Belfast, Ireland
reviews: 22
2. Re: Does Brewster have a "village centre"?

I appreciate that, thank you.

Boston...
reviews: 20
3. Re: Does Brewster have a "village centre"?

Chatham has a lovely downtown. I have never stayed in any of the hotels here since we first rented a house and eventually purchased but a very descerning friend loves the Bradford Inn. The location is perfect for walking around Main St and to Lighthouse Beach .

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g41499-d89649-R…

cape cod
4. Re: Does Brewster have a "village centre"?

You can also look around the Main St area, in Falmouth. It's got restaurants and shops, big town green, beach nearby on Surf Dr.

South Chatham, MA
reviews: 3
5. Re: Does Brewster have a "village centre"?

Although it's called Ocean's Edge, there are parts of it that certainly aren't on the "edge" and thus certainly require a car to get to anything...so I'd concur that if you want to walk from where you're staying, Chatham would be a good choice...I think the prices though may be higher than other towns so maybe Falmouth is a bit less..never checked myself as I live here!

Brewster has a center but it's more for use via car than walking as things are spread out quite a lot.

6. Re: Does Brewster have a "village centre"?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, November 22, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Brewster