We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid-price restaurant near Brewster w/non-seafood choices?

Which Brewster hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Naugatuck, CT
reviews: 57
Mid-price restaurant near Brewster w/non-seafood choices?

Hi all,

We're leaving for Linger Longer by the Sea on Saturday. My husband has suggested we go out to dinner on Saturday night. I love seafood, and can't wait for some great lobster on the Cape. He doesn't eat seafood, so I'm driving myself crazy reading all the reviews for restaurants that I'd probably love, but that don't offer appealing (non-seafood) selections for hubby.

Something mid-price, a view would be desireable but not a must. Will travel up to 1/2 hour from Brewster, but honestly, if something really strikes you as exactly what we'd like, would consider going further.

You have all been so helpful in planning this trip so far, I know you'll point me in the right direction. Thanks so much!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 3
1. Re: Mid-price restaurant near Brewster w/non-seafood choices?

It would help if we knew what he likes to eat. Most restaurants on the Cape will offer a selection of food choices other than their specialty.

Boston, MA
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod, Massachusetts, Martha's Vineyard
reviews: 106
2. Re: Mid-price restaurant near Brewster w/non-seafood choices?

Chill's Bistro at Chillingsworth on Rt. 6A in Brewster has many non-seafood options (pasta, steak, pork, duck) and usually offers a 3 course $25 menu - you can call & check to see if it is on this weekend

http://www.chillingsworth.com/

Also, The Beacon Room in nearby Orleans is well-reviewed & also has many options

http://beaconroom.com/

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
3. Re: Mid-price restaurant near Brewster w/non-seafood choices?

Some regular restaurants, although they offer fish dishes and some seafood dishes, don't always offer whole lobsters. I'm not sure that the Beacon Room does. but otherwise I agree it's a good choice.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
reviews: 20
4. Re: Mid-price restaurant near Brewster w/non-seafood choices?

Although you might not initially think it to be mid-priced (whatever that means to you) suggest you choose the Ocean House on the waterfront in Dennisport. Make a reservation and ask for a waterview seat. Go as early as is comfortable for you. If there is a window table in the lounge you can simply take that instead since they won't guarantee window seating in the dining room. Now, have your husband order the flat iron steak or some such other item and you get the lobster ravioli. The ravioli is fab with lobster both inside and all over the top as well .And you won't have to work for it either. The salads are pretty big. You might want to split one. It's okay with the servers. Check the menu and I think you'll understand why it is really special after you taste their food. If you arrive early there is now an outdoor bar overlooking the beach that you can enjoy. They have drinks and apps too. Tip only valet parking...no other place to park anyway.

Naugatuck, CT
reviews: 57
5. Re: Mid-price restaurant near Brewster w/non-seafood choices?

Thanks so much for your responses. I should've mentioned, you're right, that he likes meat in just about any form, be it steaks, meatloaf, some pork and chicken. He will eat shrimp, salmon and swordfish, but really really has to be in the mood for the last two. He's a sucker for a great French onion soup. He's had pizza from higher end restaurants on flatbread and loved it. He used to be a really picky eater, but I love to cook, so he's learned to branch out some.

I don't have to have a whole lobster, but a lobster casserole or something of that nature would be nice while we're on vacation. I eat most seafood, so many menu items appeal to me.

The Beacon Room looks attractive to me, but there's not a single appetizer he'd eat and only 1 or 2 dinner choices he would. See how hard this is?

I know I looked at Ocean House today, I'll take another look tomorrow. All these menus are starting to blend together. I really appreciate your help with this.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
6. Re: Mid-price restaurant near Brewster w/non-seafood choices?

Outdoor dining and great views. He'll have steak tips or fried shrimp and you can choose from everything else at www.sesuitharbor-cafe.com/index.php…

BYOB and cash. Flip flop casual.

For gourmet pizza, steak, pork, shimp and pasta for him http://www.oceanhouserestaurant.com/menu.htm Elegant casual.

Central Maine
Destination Expert
for Maine
reviews: 130
7. Re: Mid-price restaurant near Brewster w/non-seafood choices?

Might also want to check out the Marshside Restaurant in East Dennis -- just off 6A... about 5 miles/10 minute drive depending on where in Brewster you start from.... Not sure about the lobster, but several other great seafood dishes, numerous non-seafood choices and a great view. You can check out their menu on-line by Googling Marshside Restaurant, East Dennis, MA. We ate there twice on a recent trip.

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
8. Re: Mid-price restaurant near Brewster w/non-seafood choices?

The Beacon Room has chicken, duck, beef, pasta and more pasta-ravioli and salads. If none of that will work for hubby then I don't think we can really be of any further help to you sorry to say. If there is just one thing on a menu that he likes though, then why not plan to have him eat that? Also, if you are going to have wifi then bring your laptop, tablet or phone and ask your husband to help out with dining plans. Give him a few restaurant names and let him choose. Get this dilema off your back and enjoy your vacation. Good luck.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
9. Re: Mid-price restaurant near Brewster w/non-seafood choices?

Why are we all worrying about this man and what he will or won't eat. He should have had a mother like mine, two choices for dinner, eat it or leave it !!

Edited: 11:13 am, June 04, 2013
Kent, Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Provincetown, Wellfleet
reviews: 134
10. Re: Mid-price restaurant near Brewster w/non-seafood choices?

I think that it is difficult to find a restaurant on the Cape that does not have some non-seafood choices. You may not find Steak Diane or Chicken Kiev but there will be something.

Get answers to your questions about Brewster