We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in St. Michaels

Which St. Michaels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
reviews: 1
Things to do in St. Michaels

Hi, My husband and I are going to St. Michaels for the first time this week (Sunday night to Tuesday) and I am wondering about day activities. What is there to do for a relaxing time, but not doing absolutely nothing? Thanks is advance!

8 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
1. Re: Things to do in St. Michaels

Seems like it is too late to ask that question now. What do you like? biking? boating? hiking? St Michael's itself is a cute little town with lots of shopping experiences for the landlubber. We day trip frequently and our usual "activity" is to have drinks overlooking the harbor. I suggest looking at the St Michael's website. http://stmichaelsmd.org/

reviews: 740
2. Re: Things to do in St. Michaels

There is a cool Maritime Museum there by The Crab Claw. If you like to wine taste, we enjoyed wine tasting at a small winery there, also. Key Lime Cafe is a nice little place for a meal in St. Michaels.

Happy Travels! :)

Ellicott City...
reviews: 45
3. Re: Things to do in St. Michaels

I will second St. Michael's Winery, fun place to go. There is also a brewery that does beer tastings. You can stroll around and look at the shops, maybe take a bike ride. Our favorite restaurant there is Ava's Pizzeria and Wine Bar, really good gourmet pizzas.

Maryland
reviews: 36
4. Re: Things to do in St. Michaels

Take the ferry from St Michaels to Oxford. If you bicycle, you can bike back. Lunch at Ava's, dinner at Theo's. None better. If you like spas try 5 Gables, but book ahead for massage. Nice, interesting shops. Particularly like Guilford and Co antique and estate jewelry. For a longer drive try Blackwater Natl Wildlife Refuge.

Grasonville...
reviews: 163
5. Re: Things to do in St. Michaels

The Maritime Museum is good for about 2-4 hours, there you can take a boat tour. There also is a standard boat tour next to the Crab Claw We mostly visit by boat so we don’t bother. The restaurants mentioned above are all good but we don’t much care for the wine at the winery. The Crab Claw is the #1 tourist restaurant there but worth a visit, try their hard fry, it is very good.

Frederick, Maryland
reviews: 19
6. Re: Things to do in St. Michaels

Kayaking off of Tilghman Island is a lot of fun. You can rent a two person kayak for 2 hrs and really explore the inlets on the bay. I highly recommend this...and its not very strenous. A least not as much as you would think. I thought it to be relaxing and a very worthwhile experience. The rental shop we used gave us a map of suggested water trails.

Millersville...
7. Re: Things to do in St. Michaels

What was the name of the company you used? Sounds great!

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 5
8. Re: Things to do in St. Michaels

Go to the website www.stmichaelsmd.com. It has the best information on St. Michaels

Reply to: Things to do in St. Michaels
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted