We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best restaurant for crabcakes and crabs

Which St. Michaels hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sanford, Florida
reviews: 23
Best restaurant for crabcakes and crabs

Hi there, my husband and I will be staying in Saint Michaels in a couple weeks for 2 nights. What is the best place to get fresh, tasty crabs and crabcakes? The reviews for the top restaurants in St. Michaels are so varied that we're still not sure what to try. We'd also be willing to travel to a nearby town if anyone has a favorite restaurant that they go to. Thanks! :)

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
reviews: 7
1. Re: Best restaurant for crabcakes and crabs

The only thing I would eat at Crab Claw is crabs. It is a crab house, and yes, a bit of the tourist-trap-type because it is a crab house on the water in St. Michaels. Just don't stray too far from the steamed crabs, and you should be fine here. However, if it's crab cakes you're after, I would get them at a nice resturant - not a crab house. Odd, but it seems to work that way. My favorite is Town Dock. I don't know what's up with the recent reviews, but I have never had a bad meal there. I am very leery of ordering crab cakes in a restaurant, because i am usually disappointed (we crab from our pier and make our own). Town Dock is one of maybe three or four restaurants where I will order one.

Outside of St. Michaels, I have heard really good things about Bay Hundred, on Tighlman Island - it's been a while, but I think this is about 25 minutes from St. Michaels. Another place that prides itself on Crab Cakes is the Robert Morris Inn in Oxford. This is a bit more of a drive, but you might also like to go for lunch, instead, and take the ferry from Belleview.

Sanford, Florida
reviews: 23
2. Re: Best restaurant for crabcakes and crabs

Thanks for the advice. We'll probably go to tighlman on a boat tour so the restaurant there sounds like a good idea as well.

3. Re: Best restaurant for crabcakes and crabs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:41 am, September 27, 2009