We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Bike Week news?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Delaware
Any Bike Week news?

I was down all weekend and although there were as many bikes as I can remember, it seemed like there were very few incidents if any. I was in Seacrets Friday night and Dead Freddies and Seacrets on Saturday night. Huge crowds but very well behaved. I'm sure there were some exceptions but I have read about none! Congratulations to all involved. Ocean City merchants must really love this weekend.

15 replies to this topic
Hanover, Pa
reviews: 32
1. Re: Any Bike Week news?

I didn't see any issues as well.. I was at the parking lot across the street from the Pour House, DeLazy Lizards, boardwalk and the Frog Bar..

How was Dead Freddies?

Delaware
2. Re: Any Bike Week news?

Dead Freddies was crazy Saturday night. My wife and I MAY have been the only non- bikers there. Great Train Robbery was playing. They have been around forever (I think they said '77) and they were as good as ever.

Pottstown...
reviews: 15
3. Re: Any Bike Week news?

I was at Seacrets Friday night for Livewire and Morley Hall was jammed more than any other Livewire show in years past. I guess Security realized the biker crowds control themselves and worked other areas because I didn't see one security guard. I think all the bikers handled themselves well like every year. One think I did notice was the growth of police presence this year. And you couldn't go a mile without seeing a biker pulled over. I heard they were pulling them over and checking to make sure everything was legal, from the helmets to the handlebar height of the ape hangers.

Delaware
4. Re: Any Bike Week news?

mdcoastdispatch.com/2013/…

Big crowds...pretty well behaved according to the Dispatch. I am not sure what "element" was there causing trouble but of course I wasn't everywhere. It only takes a few.

Phoenix
reviews: 18
5. Re: Any Bike Week news?

" I heard they were pulling them over and checking to make sure everything was legal, from the helmets to the handlebar height of the ape hangers."

That's called harrassment. I guess OC doesn't want bikers there after all.

Do they equally pull cars over to check for registration or insurance? No.

Hanover, Pa
6. Re: Any Bike Week news?

I was there the whole weekend, I didn't get pulled over...

People who complain about cops harassing them usually are at fault anyways.

Phoenix
7. Re: Any Bike Week news?

That's not true. My husband and I were pulled over once because the cop thought my husband " looked like someone he had put in jail the night before". After he found that he was mistaken, he then went on to measure the handlebars, stick something up the pipes to check for a muffler, etc. We got no ticket, because we were legal and doing nothing wrong. But it was still a Gestapo-like experience.

Hanover, Pa
8. Re: Any Bike Week news?

So your husband looked suspicious but was cleared? So the cop did some measurements, you got no ticket, what's the problem then?

You got to realize there are shady people in this world, the police are just making sure people are safe.

Edited: 11:23 pm, September 20, 2013
Phoenix
9. Re: Any Bike Week news?

The problem is that the cop should have let us go when he realized that he made an error in pulling us over. After that, it became harassment, as we were detained unnecessarily. Of course, his line could have been a lie all along, intending from the beginning to stop us just so he could harass us.

There are shady people in cars too. But the cops insist on targeting a much higher percentage of bikers.

But I don't expect you to understand. You obviously believe in allowing cops to do anything they want. Your rationale is that you're not doing anything wrong, so you have nothing to worry about. "Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it".

Ocean City, Maryland
reviews: 4
10. Re: Any Bike Week news?

Perchance you should try the bike show in Salisbury next year..........then the big old bad OCPD can't single you out among 200,000 people.......SHEEESH grow up !

Reply to: Any Bike Week news?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted