We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 OCPD Officers killed in plane crash

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,464 posts
69 reviews
2 OCPD Officers killed in plane crash

Yesterday, a small plane crashed into the Atlantic off the coast at 140th St. Today they recovered the bodies of two Ocean City Police Officers who were in that plane. My most sincere sympathy goes out to their families and to the town of Ocean City. Such a tragic loss. God bless them.

Edited: 4:24 pm, July 01, 2013
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
7,064 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: 2 OCPD Officers killed in plane crash

A tragic loss indeed. The Sea Rocket captain saw it go down and promptly sink, he piloted the boat to the location to "mark" the spot for emergency personnel.

It happened only 1500 feet from the beach. I imagine the FAA will change the rules for planes flying so close to the beach - such as the banner planes.

Edited: 4:35 pm, July 01, 2013
Valley Stream, NY
Level Contributor
13,294 posts
45 reviews
2. Re: 2 OCPD Officers killed in plane crash

So sad :(

Level Contributor
619 posts
21 reviews
3. Re: 2 OCPD Officers killed in plane crash

My Thoughts & Prayers go out to the families and friends of the two officers as well as their fellow officers and Ocean City community as a whole, what a tragic loss!

4. Re: 2 OCPD Officers killed in plane crash

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, July 04, 2014