We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Sands unit 1804

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Belcamp, Maryland
3 posts
Golden Sands unit 1804

Has anyone ever stayed in unit 1804 at the Golden Sands in OC MD? They have a couple pictures but none of the "den" and none of the kitchen or balcony and that makes me a little nervous. We are going in September.

Thanks!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Golden Sands unit 1804

I found these pics from 1803 and they're all laid out pretty much the same. Hope it helps some.

www.shorepro.com/property_index/…

Belcamp, Maryland
3 posts
2. Re: Golden Sands unit 1804

Thank you!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
3,725 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Golden Sands unit 1804

They may be "laid out" pretty much the same, but it's up to the individual condo owners how and when to renovate their own units.

Pics of 1803 may give you an idea of the basic footprint...but in a building that's almost 40 years old, the quality and condition of the furnishings you'll find in 1804's kitchen, den & balcony areas is anybody's guess without a photo.

Edited: 11:47 am, June 21, 2013
pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
67 reviews
4. Re: Golden Sands unit 1804

Absolutely agree Tubman, but I was just trying to give her an idea of how it's laid out and the view. I would contact the rental agent and ask for photos too. Even with pictures, what you see isn't always what you get. I learned that two years ago. Beautiful pictures, but when we got into the unit..............UGH! It's pretty much a leap of faith renting condos anywhere.

Belcamp, Maryland
3 posts
5. Re: Golden Sands unit 1804

That's what I was a little concerned about since they don't have a pic for the kitchen or the den. I guess I will find out in September.

Aberdeen, Maryland
1 post
1 review
6. Re: Golden Sands unit 1804

I just wanted to update. My husband and I stayed at unit 1804, checked in on 09/15 and checked out 5 days later, two days early. The 1985 wallpaper-carpet-tile-countertops-bathrooms, I can look past. I can not look past the couch that was SO UNCOMFORTABLE you could not sit and the bed that was SO UNCOMFORTABLE you could not sleep. I still have pain in my back and neck from the couch and bed. I would not choose to stay in unit 1804 again unless these items are replaced.

The pros: The building is older but well maintained, the pool, deck, stores and over all most of the common areas are kept up very nicely. The unit does have newer appliances, the stove and refriderator look to have been updated recently.

I would stay at the Golden sands again and choose a different unit. I should have trusted my gut and opted for a unit with more pictures. I will not make this mistake again.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
Level Contributor
2,443 posts
67 reviews
7. Re: Golden Sands unit 1804

Thanks for the update, but that sucks that you had to cut your vacation short. Be sure and let the rental agency know all of the issues you had.

8. Re: Golden Sands unit 1804

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 26, 2014