We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photo Ops

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Muncie, Indiana
reviews: 48
Photo Ops

Highly skilled former pro photographer is looking for something other than Boardwalk and Inlet @ sundown shots.

Will be there July 22 for the week. Calendar showing full moon that week. Should make tides a bit different. Any ideas in OC or within say a 30 mile one way appreciated.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 12
1. Re: Photo Ops

I'm no photo expert, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I'd look for photo ops in the west OC inlet, where there are some old fishing boats...they might make for some good quality shots. Stinky Beach, located at the eastern end of Route 707 (Old Bridge Road) in west OC also offers good views of OC from across the bay.

Also, the Isle of Wight park at the intersection of Route 90 and St. Martin Neck Road will offer some good bay water views at sundown, just be careful to get out in time since the park closes at dusk.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
reviews: 53
2. Re: Photo Ops

I hate to say it, but I agree. West OC can be more photgenic at times. You can also try Northside Park, anywhere around the gazebo at Fagers, or walk to the end of the fishing pier on the boardwalk. Ride to the top of the ferris wheel for pics. If you're coming in on 90 you can turn into the Isle of White Park on the bay. Some awesome shots there as well. Also, Assateague offers some beautiful nature settings and wildlife.

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
reviews: 42
3. Re: Photo Ops

The World War 2 era observation tower would be interesting:

www.destateparks.com/park/fenwick-island/

The rest of Fenwick Island State Park is also beautiful and great for morning photography. You might see foxes up on the dunes as well as plenty of sandpipers.

If you get to the Isle of Wight Park as previously suggested, you can often see many different varieties of wading birds in the morning and evening. Lots of fiddler crabs as well at any time of day.

Just looked up moonrise times and found that July 22 will be a super full moon with moonrise at 8:08 pm..awesome! I hope you get great shots!

Delaware
4. Re: Photo Ops

I believe the "supermoons" are this weekend....JUNE 22 and 23rd.

Johnstown...
reviews: 21
5. Re: Photo Ops

Assateague...you can get some great shots of the ponies and can get some equally nice shots along the trails and of course the ocean itself! :)

Allentown , PA
reviews: 189
6. Re: Photo Ops

As someone who has spent alot of time shooting ion the area, west OC and Assateague are both great places to shoot. Assateague has the advantage of having Oceanfront and bay front with in a 3 minute drive. You have the dunes on one side and the marshes on the other and ponies on both. Also a little out of you milage range but worth the trip if you are into wild life photography are in Delaware , Prime Hook and Bombay hook wildlife preserve are home to large amount of egrets and heron that time of year, as well as biting flies so wear long sleeves and a hat with netting. The is also Blackwater preserve in Maryland.

Washington, DC
reviews: 127
7. Re: Photo Ops

You said no boardwalk but I would say the street performers on the boardwalk are more polished, talented and funny this year than any prior year I can remember, and we go to OC two to three times each summer, always visiting the boardwalk each day there. Photos of the paired cops on the boardwalk could be good too.

Phoenix
reviews: 18
8. Re: Photo Ops

There are biplane rides out of the OC Airport, which is close by. I bet photos from that would be great, since there's no glass window in the way. Flights are reasonably priced, too.

Here's the airport page, click on the red Cloud Dancer plane on the left. http://www.oceancityairport.com/

9. Re: Photo Ops

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 22, 2014