We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indoor swimming pools for public use??

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Frederick, Maryland
Indoor swimming pools for public use??

Does anyone know of a hotel or other place that will allow use of their indoor pool even though you are not staying there as a guest? My family is staying at a family condo but they don't have an indoor pool. With 4 small kids, we'd love to find an indoor pool we can take them to, even if there is a separate charge.

Thanks!!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
reviews: 67
1. Re: Indoor swimming pools for public use??

I get asked this question all the time and the answer is no. There are no public access pools anywhere in OC. But if you join Gold's Gym for a week you have access to the Comfort Inn Gold Coast's pool. However, you might have to buy a membership for each family member.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 42
2. Re: Indoor swimming pools for public use??

OK, if you just walk into the pool like you own the place, NO ONE will ask you for a key, room number etc.

We stay at the Clarion all the time and have also stayed at the Princess Royale. Both have entrances from the beach or street that are open and unguarded. Clarion has a pool bar and outside bar/grill and they are happy to take cash and will not ask for your room number if you choose to pay that way.

This is pretty much universally true.

York, PA
reviews: 28
3. Re: Indoor swimming pools for public use??

Ocean Pines has an indoor pool (you have to pay for a pass). It is $8/day for adults and $6/day for children 17 and under. You can get a multi-visit pass for up to 5 visits from the administration building, which is $30 for adults and $20 for children. They also have 4 outdoor pools.

Ocean City
reviews: 1
4. Re: Indoor swimming pools for public use??

Don't know of any indoor pools, but there are several water parks and outside water sites that charge general admission rates. I wouldn't use a pool at a facility where I was not staying; seems like theft of services, in that the people paying to stay there are paying for use of the amenities and I'm not. If an indoor pool is important to you, would stay at a condo or motel/hotel that offers that amenity.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 42
5. Re: Indoor swimming pools for public use??

"seems like theft of services" - really more a simple trespass like using the bathroom and not staying or eating there. But if the OP should get arrested, I am an attorney and will donate my services. :)

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
reviews: 67
6. Re: Indoor swimming pools for public use??

I wish you really were an attorney Neslaw because I sure could use some free advice right now. What a mess!!

Ocean City
reviews: 1
7. Re: Indoor swimming pools for public use??

Neslaw - You're an attorney, and you're suggesting people tresspass to use private services they haven't paid for, instead of renting a unit that has the amenities they want? Seems like some shakey ethics in play there.

Ocean City, Maryland
reviews: 4
8. Re: Indoor swimming pools for public use??

It's not a matter of being arrested..........it's the embarrassment of being thrown out with your family in front of all of the folks at the pool.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 29
9. Re: Indoor swimming pools for public use??

Beachbob, some moochers don't embarrass easily. But they actually could be prosecuted. Some pool areas DO ask for proof you're a guest. Some have sign-in sheets or ID bracelets. They wouldn't have to do this if there weren't so many moochers.

I agree colliemom. Maybe neslaw is trying to drum up business.

The larger issue here is: parents who do this are sending a message to their kids about common courtesy and recognizing right from wrong (JMO). If this is OK, why not encourage them to sneak into an amusement park or movie theatre, etc.?

10. Re: Indoor swimming pools for public use??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, April 02, 2014