We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indoor Pool with glass window ceilings?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
nj
reviews: 3
Indoor Pool with glass window ceilings?

I see many of the top rated hotels have indoor pools. It looks like the weather next week will be quite chilly. I was wondering if any of the hotels have glass ceilings where you might still get some sun in their indoor pools. Any recommendations for a mother-daughter few day getaway? Possible spa?

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
reviews: 60
1. Re: Indoor Pool with glass window ceilings?

The Grand Hotel on 21st St. has an in house spa, an indoor pool, and is on the boardwalk and oceanfront.

The Clarion, Princess Royale, and Quality Inn Suites on 33rd St. all have pools with glass ceilings.

There are two indoor mini golf courses, one on 68th and one on 136th St. You can head to the boardwalk shops on the weekends and still get Thrasher's Fries and Fisher's Carmelcorn (weather permitting), take a horse drawn carriage ride from the inlet that goes around town, Go shopping at the Tanger Outlets on Rte. 50 in West OC, drive to Assateague and walk the beach and find sea shells. Have a quiet dinner at the Captain's Table on 15th St. inside the Courtyard by Marriott Hotel or watch the sun set over the bay at BJ's on the Water on 75th St. Rent bicycles and ride on the boardwalk. Dandy Don's is open on10th St.

You could visit the Life Saving Station Museum on the boardwalk.............and before you say "ew" on that, it really is unique and fun especially the old tyme bathing suit display on the second floor. Or you could take the historic walking tour of downtown OC. Pick up a pamphlet at the museum or at City Hall or the Convention Center on 40th St. Try Laser Tag at Planet Maze!! That's a lot of fun. I'm over 60 and tried it for the first time a year ago and loved it! Ice skating at the Carousel Hotel indoors!! You don't say how old your daughter is, but if she's over 21, head to Seacrets for a drink and some night life.

Hope that helps you some.

York, PA
reviews: 28
2. Re: Indoor Pool with glass window ceilings?

Cayman Suites has a glass enclosed pool as does the Holiday Inn Express across the street.

York, PA
reviews: 28
3. Re: Indoor Pool with glass window ceilings?

I forgot about the Quality Inn Boardwalk, which has an indoor pool and hot tub. The indoor pool area was recently redone (about time-it was stuck in the early 1970's) with better use of space. The tower building is quite nice and has oceanfront efficiencies with private balconies/patios. The rooms were supposed to get flat screen TVs over the winter months. Not sure if that has happened yet.

The Courtyard by Marriott has an enclosed pool which is a joke. It is more like an oversized bathtub with a "conversation pit" (supposed to be a hot tub-?).

nj
4. Re: Indoor Pool with glass window ceilings?

Thank you so much for the great tips. Of course, now I'm second guessing and thinking about the inner harbor in Baltimore. Many people are suggesting that there's much more to do and see there since it's off season, although I'm partial to the beach even though it will be chilly. Any thoughts on this? My daughter is almost 23, so yes, we'd love to go out for an evening cocktail.

Ocean City, Maryland
reviews: 4
5. Re: Indoor Pool with glass window ceilings?

The Inner Harbor and Baltimore in general are cool if your "street smart". For example, if you should wander 3 or 4 blocks in the wrong direction from the Inner Harbor you'd be in some "deep crap". OC on the other hand would be a lot less stressful.

Born and raised in Baltimore..........live in Ocean City.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
6. Re: Indoor Pool with glass window ceilings?

I agree with Bob about the night life around Inner Harbor. It would scare me to death to go out at night without my husband, and if you do go there, be sure to stay RIGHT IN the Inner Harbor square. Don't venture any farther.

I've never worried about walking anywhere in OC day or night even with my children. Not saying that you shouldn't be aware and careful because every town has it's unsavory element. But I'd relax more and not feel as vulnerable in OC than Inner Harbor.

When you get into town in OC, go to the Convention Center Visitor Center and you'll find free newspapers and event listings. You can even talk with the volunteers there and ask them what kind of night time entertainment there is around town. Princess Royale Hotel has a comedy club you might enjoy. The restaurant above the Fenwick Inn has recently reopened and has entertainment on the weekends. Many, many places have bands, a piano bar, dancing, etc. and all are easy access from anywhere in town.

My vote is still OC.

Hanover, Pa
reviews: 34
7. Re: Indoor Pool with glass window ceilings?

If you stay in the "Inner Harbor", "Power Plant" even down by Camden Yards you'll be fine. The area is lit up well with police present all over to insure public safety. Enjoy Baltimore as well.

nj
8. Re: Indoor Pool with glass window ceilings?

Thanks. I think Ocean City may be the winner. I don't want to feel in danger, so I'll opt out of Baltimore until my husband can come with us. Plus I do love the ocean, even if it just there to look at. Do you think the Grande Hotel is the nicest for what we're looking for? Nice, clean hotel, indoor pool, jacuzzi? and possibly a spa? Thanks again for all your help!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
9. Re: Indoor Pool with glass window ceilings?

The Grand is very nice. For best views, opt for the premium view and ask for a higher floor. The hotel is clean, great indoor pool, and they do have an in house spa. Plus they have a 24 hour coffee shop, bistro tables on the boardwalk, and white rockers for the guests to enjoy. There are also several small shops attached to the hotel for t-shirts, jewelry, and even pizza on the first floor. We've stayed there several times, last year was the most recent. We've never been disappointed.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
10. Re: Indoor Pool with glass window ceilings?

Sorry you are bring scared off by OC regulars. Baltimore is a great place for a weekend trip and perfectly safe in the areas you would frequent.