We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Adult Only Hotels?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harrisonburg...
Adult Only Hotels?

I was wondering if there are any adult only hotels? I didn't want to book a hotel with a bunch of kids running around, and I thought I saw a hotel a couple months ago that said every guest had to be 21 to stay there or am I mistaken? Just let me know! Thanks!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
reviews: 65
1. Re: Adult Only Hotels?

If there is, I don't know about it. Ocean City is about as family oriented as Disney World.

Maybe someone else knows if such a place exists.

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
2. Re: Adult Only Hotels?

@caudillad, the ad you saw was referring to no minors, no June Bugs (recent graduates). The same establishment will rent to mom & dad with 5 small children.

I've not heard of any adults only hotels either. My 1st thought was a separate cottage at Castle in the Sands, but the beach will be full of families w/children.

As momoo states, Ocean City is about as family oriented as Disney World.

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 29
3. Re: Adult Only Hotels?

Best way to avoid kids is to visit when they're in school. September is a great time to come, perfect swimming weather and greatly reduced crowds.

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 14
4. Re: Adult Only Hotels?

Rent a condo, problem solved.

Kids will be everywhere else though, and how much time do you plan on spending at the hotel?

You can definitely do an adults trip to OC, but if you plan to go to the beach, there will be lots and lots of kids.

Ocean City, Maryland
reviews: 1
5. Re: Adult Only Hotels?

I agree with Mirage here, there are cottages small-large that secludes from the june/july bugs but again you can not totally avoid them. Check out this two charming cottages, flipkey.com/ocean-city-cottage-rentals/…

This units are not pricey and is in between fishing pier and the boardwalk.

Hanover, Pa
reviews: 40
6. Re: Adult Only Hotels?

None that I know of.

York, PA
reviews: 28
7. Re: Adult Only Hotels?

You might want to check out the Lighthouse Club and the Edge, which are small hotels at Fagers Island. There's also the Inn on the Ocean, a B&B type property along the boardwalk at 10th Street.

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
reviews: 65
8. Re: Adult Only Hotels?

Not sure, but maybe Seacrets Hotel? That one seems the most likely considering.

Edited: 12:31 pm, February 27, 2013
Maryland
reviews: 6
9. Re: Adult Only Hotels?

Hi Caudillad, you're looking for a bacholerette party group right (I saw your other post)? I'm going to agree with the others and say to look into a condo. I had my bacholerette party a little over a year ago in OC and we rented a townhouse in Sunset Harbor- they are pricey, but if you have enough girls going in to split the cost it might be worth it.

We also stayed the week after Labor Day so we had the option to rent from Thursday to Sunday. Often places like that will only offer full week rentals during the on season. If you want the party to be between Memorial Day and Labor Day try looking into a mini-week. Some of the realtors offer them and you might be able to find a place that doesn't have a ton of connecting units attached to it that could be full of families.

Here's a place I've stayed before with friends that doesn't have any connecting units. It's not fancy, but we got to enjoy the bar scene and not have to worry about disturbing any families that might be staying around us: www.shorepro.com/property_index/…

Harrisonburg...
10. Re: Adult Only Hotels?

Seacrets Hotel is the one I was thinking of! Thanks momoo!