We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer 2013 Bachelorette Party

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Harrisonburg...
Summer 2013 Bachelorette Party

I'm the maid of honor and am trying to plan a bachelorette party in Ocean City. No one in the party has ever been to Ocean City, but I have heard some good reviews about Ocean city.

We're trying to find:

- a hotel (that sleep more than 4 people) on the boardwalk.

- bars or nightclubs

-What dates in the summer would be ideal

-Bachelorette party MUSTS in the area

If you have any suggestions for any of those topics, please let me know! Thanks!

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
reviews: 67
1. Re: Summer 2013 Bachelorette Party

There are literally hundreds of hotels in the area of the boardwalk and there is a tram that runs the whole length of it. The boardwalk is nearly 3 miles long, but the bars and activities are nearly all on the southern end and the farther up the boardwalk you go, the fewer bars, etc. there are. So you might want to consider that in your decision. Most hotels sleep more than 4 in OC. Just depends on what ammenities and budget you want.

Seacrets is the obvious choice as far as a good bar for a party. There is also the Party Block.

Any date would work in the summer, but you might want to check out if there are any major events (OC Air Show) (Dew Tour) in town then. If there are, then you can plan on waiting in long lines and limited hotel rooms. Check out events at www.ococean.com/events

You can also ask this questions from the Insiders on the Ocean City webpage www.ococean.com.

Delaware
2. Re: Summer 2013 Bachelorette Party

Your group would be more suited for midtown, where you can walk to Seacrets (49th Street) and Fager's (60th). In my opinion the boardwalk is more suited for the teen crowd or families. There are bars there but .....meh.

Fager's is a great party place that has a special Bachelorette Crawl. Again, just my opinion, but you will run into a better class of partiers at Fagers than Seacrets....but both would be fun. Check out the link to Fagers for their Bachelorette Party details.

http://www.fagers.com/

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
3. Re: Summer 2013 Bachelorette Party

You can also consider the Buzz Boat Water Taxi. That way you won't have to drive anywhere, plus you can bring your drinks along for the ride. The boat pulls right up to most of the bars on the bay side. Check it out as an option at www.buzzboatwatertaxi.com

Potomac, Maryland
reviews: 278
4. Re: Summer 2013 Bachelorette Party

@caudillad - you don't say what age range you and your party are, but that is a factor as @Dude2360 alluded to.

E.g. - if you and your group are teenagers, you may be more interested in the more Southern part of the Boardwalk, or if you're in your 40's, it's a totally different experience that you'd probably want.

Don't mean anything insulting by this, but, people of different age groups have different expectations and what would be considered fun...

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
5. Re: Summer 2013 Bachelorette Party

Good point Gl, but I think if they were teenagers, they would even ask about bars and nightclubs. But yes, 20's.......Seacrets, 40's Fagers. But the good thing is that there is something for every age in OC.

Potomac, Maryland
reviews: 278
6. Re: Summer 2013 Bachelorette Party

@momoo - LOL, you've forgotten what teens do...it doesn't matter that teens are under the legal drinking age. :-)

pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Ocean City
7. Re: Summer 2013 Bachelorette Party

LOL! So true, so true.

Harrisonburg...
8. Re: Summer 2013 Bachelorette Party

Thanks everyone for your input! We are all in our mid-20s!

Harrisonburg...
9. Re: Summer 2013 Bachelorette Party

any hotel suggestions?

Martinsburg, West...
reviews: 51
10. Re: Summer 2013 Bachelorette Party

Holiday Inn Suites 17th & Boardwalk www.ocsuites.com & Party Block www.partyblock.com you will all have a great time.