We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Rocket with twins

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
reviews: 1
Sea Rocket with twins

Hi,

Is the Sea Rocket safe for my twins childs which are both 22 months old?

Also, Do you have any other activities to reccomand for young childrens?

Thanking you in advance,

Francois

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
1. Re: Sea Rocket with twins

Trimpers on the south end of the Boardwalk (inside) has kiddie rides. 30 miles west is the free Salisbury Zoo www.salisburyzoo.org . Theres a playground at 4th St. and 125th St. Frontier Town (on Rt. 611) has a water park which is geared toward smaller children (my kids loved Fronteir Town itself, the waterpark wasn't there then)

At that age I don't think they'd get much out of going on the Sea Rocket (except getting wet). http://www.searocket.com/ If the wind is blowing the ocean can get pretty rough. Have a look at their website, I'm sure 22 month olds are allowed, IMO, its perfectly safe (never heard of any incidents).

Edited: 10:44 am, August 10, 2012
Washington, DC
reviews: 3
2. Re: Sea Rocket with twins

I just took my 26 mo old son and he loved it.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
3. Re: Sea Rocket with twins

I am fascinated that both of your twins are the same age. :)

Probably safe, you know them better to have an idea of whether it would be fun for them (or you with them). May want to ask the Sea Rocket folks their opinion. But if you did not do this, then don't think your children's vacation will be in any way diminished.

At that age, wouldn't worry too much about activities but how about, sand castles, kite flying, seashell collecting, swimming, playing catch, walk around the northside park and its boardwalk out into the bay, and whatever else you might do with them at home.

Essex, Maryland
4. Re: Sea Rocket with twins

Hey Neslaw1 - strangely enough, regarding twins, FOX45 had a story last night about twins who were born 50 days apart. Wild stuff...

And I agree with you regarding what else to do with the kids - while they will ride free on the Sea Rocket - it's highly unlikely that in the future they will remember ANYTHING about their two year old days.

That all being said, I'd take them on based on mexxican's advice and that it's FREE.

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Sea Rocket with twins

Thank you all for your hints and tips.

I can't wait to visit OC and to have fun with the kids.

We will be staying in a condo and plan to eat the majority of the meals there.

For the rare occasions we will be eating outside, any tips as for good family restaurants?

Also, Is there any restaurant/fast food places that has great games/playing field for the young ones?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
6. Re: Sea Rocket with twins

search family restaurants above or look at the restaurant pages. way too many to mention and they are everywhere.

WV
reviews: 7
7. Re: Sea Rocket with twins

If you do the sea rocket, SIT IN THE FRONT! I cannot stress that enough. We just went the end of July & my five-year-old cried to get off. The ocean was rough, & we were dernched. The force of the water on us was not pleasant. The captain & assistant were cool, but the ride was awful. By "front" I mean the very front in front of where the captin is. Hope you enjoy OC. We did, other than this ride.

8. Re: Sea Rocket with twins

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, August 21, 2013