We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone have info on Atlantis Condo in Ocean City, MD?

Which Ocean City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison,WI
Anyone have info on Atlantis Condo in Ocean City, MD?

A large family group has booked several condos in the Atlantis Condo property. Does anyone know anything about this property? We are from Wisconsin and have booked this sight unseen. I feel a little uneasy since we've read about several people who have been very unhappy with their accommodations in Ocean City. I'd appreciate any information. Thanks.

Baltimore
reviews: 9
1. Re: Anyone have info on Atlantis Condo in Ocean City, MD?

kraemer ,

were the reviews about Atlantis ?

this is in a aera called ' condo row' .. for most of the buildings are high-rises.

prod. will not find the clientel here u would in the lwr #'d streets , this is not bashing, but info to as you will not have the rowdy kids,as much as the S. part of OC..

Also getting close to Delaware ..tax-free shopping

only downside is the trip to the boardwalk, traffic gets busy from 4-8pm

mwgbeach.com/vacationrentals/searchpropresul…

above link to some of the units

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 13
2. Re: Anyone have info on Atlantis Condo in Ocean City, MD?

Kraemer,

This is more of a generic response about renting in older condo buildings, like the high-rises of North OC which include the Atlantis. As I pointed out earlier (see the "9400" posting), you simply don't know what awaits you behind the door of your specific unit(s) unless you ask the rental agent. Most of your experience in a condo building will be based on what the individual owner has done to the particular unit(s) you are renting.

The Atlantis itself is decent, in a nice location convenient to shopping, and has a fairly large pool.

In a 30-year-old building, the unit most likely has been renovated, furniture and major appliances replaced at some point in time. But did that happen last month? Or did it happen in 1989, in which case it's ready for another rehab?

Some owners furnish their units to the hilt because they personally spend a lot of time there and they want all the comforts of home--LCD TV's, Jacuzzi tubs, etc. Other owners frankly don't care and have furnished with economy and durability in mind--you could end up with naugahyde furniture, lime green shag carpeting, a refrigerator without an icemaker and an old TV from the owner's primary residence.

That's not to say those units are uncomfortable and non-functional, it's just that each owner has different priorities. Again, get pictures and ask questions.

Since you're renting several condos, you'll probably see the wide range I'm talking about; hopefully, they're priced accordingly. With no two units exactly alike, don't be surprised if someone in your large group feels like they've gotten a raw deal comparing their unit to someone else's.

Abingdon, MD
reviews: 1
3. Re: Anyone have info on Atlantis Condo in Ocean City, MD?

kraemer,

Since the units are individually owned, furnishings can vary greatly.

We stayed in Unit #804 and were pleased. In one bedroom, there were 2 twin beds, in the other there were 2 double beds. We had a beautiful view of the sunrise every morining. From the general walkway in the back, we could see the sunset. The unit was clean and roomy.

The "down" side (as someone mentioned earlier) is the distance from the boardwalk and the heavy traffic. My sons use the bus to get to the inlet. For $2.00, you can ride all day.

We enjoyed our stay and are planning to go again.