We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another hotel?

Which Hyattsville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Austin
reviews: 7
Another hotel?

Is there any place to stay other than the Marriott Inn and Conference Center? Bad neighborhood, shoddy rooms, no place to eat, rude staff! Sounds like a place to avoid but my conference is there so.... Is there a B&B within walking distance or anything else?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 15
1. Re: Another hotel?

I don't think there are any alternatives within walking distance and I agree that there are no amenities close by as well--so I'm not sure what finding another place within walking distance would really accomplish. If you read past the first two reviews that currently appear here on TA, you may find some comfort in knowing that the others are largely positive.

The only solution is to get a car. Without one, you are a captive audience to this facility. With a car, the best alternative is the Greenbelt Marriott, about 10 minutes away.

Edited: 7:30 am, September 20, 2010
Maryland
reviews: 5
2. Re: Another hotel?

Given how long it's been since you posted, this advice is probably too late for you, but I wouldn't be too concerned about the first two reviews. The Marriott is more downscale than your typical Marriott--or so it seems from the outside and the lobby; I've never seen the rooms--but it generally gets decent reviews. It's your basic university conference facility. One reviewer commented on it being in a bad neighborhood, but it's on the university campus, and that large apartment building across the street is graduate student housing, so I'm not sure what he was referring to. (If you head west into Langley Park you'll hit some run-down areas, but nothing that I would consider scary.)

There are restaurants within walking distance (head east on Campus Drive, then south on Mowatt, then east on Knox, to Route 1) but they're mostly cheap places catering to students on a budget. To get to anyplace decent, you'll need a car. (I have heard that the restaurant in the hotel is fine, but I've never tried it.)

Also, some posters didn't seem to realize that there is a free university bus that goes to the College Park Metrorail station, although you'll need to walk over to the student union to catch it. (Details here:

http://www.transportation.umd.edu/routes.html)

3. Re: Another hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 01, 2011
Get answers to your questions about Hyattsville
Recent Conversations