We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation

Which Gaithersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Hotel recommendation

Hi everyone. We are looking to stay in Gaithersburg in late April for a couple of nights. It's my wife and I and our young baby. We are debating primarily between the Marriott Washingtonian and the Courtyard by Marriott. They seem to be right next to one another, so location seems to be a draw. The price of a suite in the courtyard is like $140 while a suite at the Washingtonian is around $250

Does anyone prefer one over the other?

Also, at the courtyard, is it better to get a suite or to get a regular room with a lake view? They appear to be the same price

Thank you for any help...

3 replies to this topic
Ellicott City...
reviews: 40
1. Re: Hotel recommendation

Yes, they are next to each other at the Rio Washingtonian Center. There are actually four Marriotts at that complex including a Spring Hill Suites and Residence Inn. The Marriott is the nicest and most upscale of four hotels, but in my opinion not worth the price difference. I've never stayed at the Courtyard but been to a party there and it seemed fine. Note that the "suites" at the Courtyard are just larger rooms with a separate living area which is NOT separated from the bedroom by a door. If you want a real suite with separate living room and kitchenette, check the Residence Inn or Spring Hill Suites. I don't think you'd go wrong with either one.

NJ
2. Re: Hotel recommendation

Thank you for the detailed and helpful reply! I really appreciate the help!

Ellicott City...
reviews: 40
3. Re: Hotel recommendation

Enjoy your visit!

Reply to: Hotel recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gaithersburg