We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation for elderly

Which Gaithersburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rockville, Maryland
vacation for elderly

My parents are looking for a place in Maryland, Deep Creek Lake area or similar, to escape July heat. They don't drive so there has to be a wolking distance restorant and store. Shouldn't be too hilly. An Inn with a meal plan would be ideal.

Any recommendatons?

Mississauga
reviews: 15
1. Re: vacation for elderly

Would the Will o' the Wisp be suitable? Says it is right by a grocery store and other amenities, variety of lodging styles, restaurants nearby etc. I do not know this property but our family had a wonderful trip to the area last summer.

reviews: 6
2. Re: vacation for elderly

Oakland, MD is near Deepcreek and there are some B&B's that might do the trick and a few restaurants. Oakland is a bit hilly, and the sidewalks a bit rugged from massive tree roots. If you like bungalows it's a OK town to take a walk in.

However, deepcreek itself has several places right on the water that also have restaurants.

It's beautiful drive up there once you get past Frederick. It might be fun for you to drive up there some weekend in May and explore the area.

Baltimore
reviews: 1
3. Re: vacation for elderly

I would recommend Deep Creek Lake because of the relaxing atmosphere; I love to vacation there because the lake is absolutely beautiful at anytime of day. Places to stay that I would suggest would either be any of the many Bed and Breakfast; or maybe even Lake Star Lodge, I've been staying there for my past 2 visits to the area and the staff is sooo friendly. I am almost sure that they could arrange something special if you ask. The view there is great and in an area where it is so peaceful. Hope this helps!

brooklyn
4. Re: vacation for elderly

I am looking for a similar place for my parents. Did anyone come back to you with a suggestion ?

5. Re: vacation for elderly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:33 am, January 12, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Gaithersburg