We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

invitation

Which Ellicott City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ireland
invitation

We are travelling from Ireland next october to a wedding which will be held in Turf Valley resort.What I would like to know is if the hotel is convenient to get to downtown Baltimore and Washington by public transport. We will be staying there for five nights and would love to do all the touristy things. If there is no public transport can you tell how much taxis would cost. Failing all that where then would be good place to stay. Thanks

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 14
1. Re: invitation

Turf Valley is lovely, but it's sort of in the middle of nowhere (i.e. not served by public transportation) and staying there for an extended period won't hold your interest unless you're a serious golfer. I'd opt instead to base yourself at a hotel in downtown Baltimore or Washington, cities both well-served by and connected to each other with public transportation.

That way you'll only have to hassle with arranging transportation to/from Turf Valley once rather than every single day.

There is an airport shuttle servicing Turf Valley to/from BWI Airport charging $35 ($29 first person, $6 each additional) each way. (http://www.theairportshuttle.com) I suspect a taxi connecting downtown Baltimore and Turf Valley would run at least as much.

I'd check with your hosts to see if they know of another guest staying in downtown Baltimore who might be able to help you out with a lift to the wedding.

ireland
2. Re: invitation

Thanks for all that information Tubman. Being Irish the only golf I'd be interested in is the 19th. hole!! So I guess Turf Valley is not the place to be for the duration of my stay. I was in Washington many years ago so I will probably stay there. So looking forward to the shopping malls too and cracker barrell for breakfast! Thanks again for the info. Marypeggy.

maryland
3. Re: invitation

Check one of the best Maryland shuttle service m-selam.tripod.com/shuttle/

4. Re: invitation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 24, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ellicott City