We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to do in ellicott city

Which Ellicott City hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
israel
reviews: 26
what to do in ellicott city

have 3days in the city, what is a must and please recommend restaurants

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 1
1. Re: what to do in ellicott city

I live 15 minutes from Main Street in Ellicott City and absolutely LOVE it!

Restaurants - Cacao Lane (American) is my absolute favorite (try the crab dip). La Palapa (Mexican) is wonderful too, they have a live mariachi band on the weekends and show sports in the bar area.

For the best...and I mean THE BEST...coffee, go to Bean Hollow on Main Street. They roast their own beans and have a nice selection of deli and vegan sandwiches/wraps along with wonderful desserts and exotic teas.

What to do: Take SEVERAL hours and go into the antique stores and shops along Main Street. No chain stores, just privately owned business with things you can't find anywhere else. The Crystal Underground and ZeBop are two of my favorites.

Columbia Town Center is 10 minutes down the road. You can visit the lake front, visit Columbia Mall, go to the movies, etc.

Check out:

www.ellicottcity.net

columbiamaryland.com

israel
reviews: 26
2. Re: what to do in ellicott city

thank you very much i will print out your message and take it with me...

Ellicott City...
reviews: 40
3. Re: what to do in ellicott city

I'm not sure if you've already been to Ellicott City, but I have lived there for the past 7 years and think downtown EC is pretty much nothing. The stores have mostly junky old crap. You can cover the whole strip in about 1/2 hour. I would agree that Bean Hollow is a great place (it's the only non-Starbucks coffee I drink!) and there is a new wine bar that is good. I also love La Palapa and I am a very picky eater especially when it comes to Mexican food. The restaurant could use some sprucing up but the food is very high quality. You can eat outside if the weather is good which is nicer than inside. Tried the other restaurants downtown which are mediocre at best in my opinion. Within a 10 minute drive in Columbia, I would highly recommend Donna's for casual food, Strapazza (the best Italian in the area by far), and Jessie Wong's Asean Bistro (excellent food, way more upscale than your typical strip-mall Chinese restaurant). As for other things to do, check out the Columbia lakefront - they have live music and outdoor movies running for the next few weeks. Schedule is on www.lakefrontfestival.com/wordp. There are also some nice parks - we like to walk the trail around Lake Elkhorn. It's about two miles.

Baltimore, Maryland
reviews: 1
4. Re: what to do in ellicott city

The walk around Centennial Lake in Columbia is also gorgeous and closer to Ellicott City.

5. Re: what to do in ellicott city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 04, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Ellicott City