We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused!

Which Easton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Maryland
Confused!

I'm looking to go to the Eastern Shore and I'm looking at Easton, St. Michaels and Cambridge. I'm looking to go and enjoy looking at old houses, antiques and just relaxing. Where should I stay, eat and be sure to visit while visiting the area?

12 replies to this topic
Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
1. Re: Confused!

Would suggest that Easton or St Michael's are better than Cambridge.

Don't know where you should stay, eat or visit. Easton has a town center where most restaurants and retail is located. St Michael's is essentially 1 not that long main street. Would also suggest the Talbot County chamber of commerce for a starting resource. http://www.talbotchamber.org/

Eastern Shore...
reviews: 67
2. Re: Confused!

I would suggest you stay in Easton, my suggestion for hotel stay is Tidewater Inn, centrally located and lots of food options. I would call them personally if you decide to book a stay, you can get the best rate that way, even online its not as great as calling! If you are interested in food options let me know.

Annapolis, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
reviews: 11
3. Re: Confused!

Easton and St. Michaels are close enough to one another that if you stay in one town, you can visit both. I personally would also avoid Cambridge. I would stay in St. Michaels and visit Easton. I think that to get a true feel for the Eastern Shore that you have to be on the water and Easton is not waterfront. Depending on your budget, the Inn at Perry Hall is a very nice.

I would also add Chestertown to your list of possible towns to stay in. It has everything that you are looking for. Plus, I think that the drive over the Route 213 Bridge over the Chester River into Chestertown is one of coolest views around with the historic homes along the river. Plus, it is close to both Centreville and Rock Hall, which have their own charms.

Maryland
4. Re: Confused!

Thank you all for your responses. Do you have a second choice on where to stay in St. Michaels? I think staying where there's water would be best for us. Please let me know. Perry Cabin is VERY NICE but a little pricey for us.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 39
5. Re: Confused!

It is a daytrip for me so haven't stayed over. I would check the reviews here and elsewhere, but just about everyplace is pretty nice (and pricey in the summer time). As for the Inn at Perry Cabin, not sure I could afford the free cup of afternoon tea there but it is fun to think about it.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 11
6. Re: Confused!

I also suggest staying in St Michaels. Harbor Inn is very nice as well as Harbourtowne.

reviews: 767
7. Re: Confused!

We loved our 3 night stay at The Tidewater Inn. In Easton there are two amazing restaurants: Mason and The Bartlett Pear Inn. We did day trips to St. Michaels and enjoyed meals at The Key Lime Cafe and The Crab Claw there. This is a beautiful area of Maryland to spend time in, we're hoping to get back there this Fall! :)

Rehoboth Beach...
Destination Expert
for Myrtle Beach
reviews: 29
8. Re: Confused!

You gave no clue as to the length of your visit, but based on your preferences, I would lean towards staying in Easton and doing a day trip to St. Michaels. Easton has neighborhoods of restored historic homes, as well as the "old downtown" district. Plenty of antiqueing and unique shops to be found

If you have time I know you would also enjoy a visit to nearby Oxford for all the same reasons listed above, plus, it's on the water This is one of the oldest towns in MD, dating to the 17th century.

annapolis, md
Destination Expert
for Annapolis, Maryland
reviews: 239
9. Re: Confused!

You may want to check out www.stmichaelsmd.org

St. Michaels is more about Inns and B&B's than hotels. Some that are highly recommended are: Aida's Victoriana Inn, Dr. Dodson House Bed & Breakfast, Folly's Cove Bed & Breakfast, and Point Breeze B&B.

For dining in St. Michael's you may want to try Ava's, Bistro St. Michaels, Key Lime Cafe, and 208 Talbot Restaurant and Bar.

If you would like waterfront lodging and don't mind driving to some shops and towns, you may want to consider staying on Tilgmann Island. They have several very nice properties with great waterfront rooms.

Maryland
10. Re: Confused!

Thank you for all of your thoughts.

Your thoughts on HAMPTON INN in Easton?

Toughts on where to stay on Tilghman Island?

Reply to: Confused!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted