We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Something to do in Columbia or travel to Balitmore

Which Columbia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, Minnesota
reviews: 2
Something to do in Columbia or travel to Balitmore

I am traveling to Columbia for work for 2 days. My husband is coming along and we are spending a couple nights in DC prior. While I'm in Columbia for work - is there anything for my husband to do? is there a way for him is get around? We have a rental car but I may need it to get to the work meetings. Any info would be great. One night we are heading to Camden Yards for a baseball game - other suggestions would be great.

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 12
1. Re: Something to do in Columbia or travel to Balitmore

Columbia is pretty isolated from the surrounding area when it comes to transit. Since you have a rental car and will be able to drive to work in Columbia, stay in Baltimore so your husband can go out and explore and you'll be able to do more at night, plus, walk to the Oriole game.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
2. Re: Something to do in Columbia or travel to Balitmore

Where are you staying? Columbia is kind of sprawled out, and it's hard to make any suggestions without knowing the starting point.

Maryland
reviews: 5
3. Re: Something to do in Columbia or travel to Balitmore

The quaint historic town of Ellicott City, and the shops inside the restored Savage Mill, are both within minutes of Columbia - but are enough to occupy only a few hours - and they may not be served by public transportation.

Rochester, Minnesota
reviews: 2
4. Re: Something to do in Columbia or travel to Balitmore

Staying at the Springhill Suites in Columbia if that helps :)

Reply to: Something to do in Columbia or travel to Balitmore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted