We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Merriweather tailgating

Which Columbia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
virginia
Merriweather tailgating

Just interested if there is any problem with tailgating at Merriweather, I've never been to this venue before and I am just curious if any regularly tailgates or if it is frowed upon at Merriweather.

Thanks

Washington, DC
1. Re: Merriweather tailgating

I grew up around the corner, and trust me tailgating is huge there. Don't know what the official stance is, but people hang out for hours in the parking area (grassy feilds). I just looked on their website out of curiousity, but didn't see anything policy wise.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
2. Re: Merriweather tailgating

It used to be tolerated more than it is these days. To some extent it depends on the concert. If it's an event where they perceive more of a "partying crowd" then they don't open the parking lots until late in the afternoon, shortly before the gates to the venue open.

Washington, DC
3. Re: Merriweather tailgating

Good to know, I'm planning to go there for HFStival and I am certain that will be perceived as a partying crowd.

Luckily we can walk over from my parents house, and as late 20somethings aren't so into that scene anymore.

4. Re: Merriweather tailgating

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, August 13, 2009