We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels, Restaurants, Merriweather

Which Columbia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
reviews: 93
Hotels, Restaurants, Merriweather

A group of friends (30 year olds) will be going to see a concert in Merriweather and we would love to hear your suggestions on where to stay? where to eat? where to go for drinks? Any advice would be helpful!

Also, I read somewhere that parking is crazy at Merriweather. Any tips to avoid the hassles or get there on time?

Thanks!

Virginia
11. Re: Hotels, Restaurants, Merriweather

Irishfan - thanks for the detailed info. We will definitely be using your suggestions on parking and walking.

Little details like this make the trip so much smoother!

Now, if you can only hold off the rain until Sunday, we should be good to go!

Washington, DC
12. Re: Hotels, Restaurants, Merriweather

Hope you enjoyed the concert- curious to hear where you ended up eating and going after the show and how you liked it.

My friends will be going to HFStival this year- pretty cool to be able to walk from my parents house to Merriweather rather than deal with parking in Baltimore last year for the stadium.

Want to show them a fun time in my lil' suburbian town, so will appreciate your thoughts.

Virginia
13. Re: Hotels, Restaurants, Merriweather

We made reservations at Jesse Wong's Hong Kong at we were disappointed with the service and some of the entrees. We were a group of 8. We ordered Mai Tais to begin with and although the drink was large and tasty, it was not what we expected. We have all had the drink before and it usually has more color (maybe more pineapple and orange juice), but instead it looked like a watered down coke. The service was a bit slow and the place was not full but busy. We started with spring rolls and pork dumplings which were just ok. We then ordered three dishes. The fish was excellent, the other dishes were fine. I don't think we would go there again, considering all the different restaurants Columbia has to offer.

As you know it rained heavily on Saturday night, so we decided to park at Merriweather (instead of trying to walk from Sears). There was not much traffic but we did go after the first act was on (gates open at 5:30, first band at 7, we showed up at 8). The parking lot was a mess - muddy and lots of puddles.

I would love to go see another band at Merriweather since it seemed like a great place. Lucky for us our seats were under a roof, while many on the lawn were soaked.

We did not end up going out afterwards since the show ended around 11 and by the time we were back in our hotel it was past midnight and we were drenched.

We did go to Clyde's for brunch and we enjoyed our food.

Washington, DC
14. Re: Hotels, Restaurants, Merriweather

Too bad it was a Saturday concert with this rain, good thing you were under the pavilion- would imagine the lawn section was a muddy debacle. My high school graduation was there in the covered seats area, but walking through the grass parking lots was a mess, and that was a dry day.

Thanks for your review of Jesse Wong, probably won't take my friends there if the service was a bit off and the best dishes were the fish, my boyfriend and I both have serious fish and shellfish allergies.

Glad you had a chance to hit Clyde's, it really is a great place. It is where we used to go for homecoming and other events as teenagers, so this time of year is fun to go if you grew up there- seeing the teenagers in formal dresses and remembering when that was you.

If you are there again for a concert, I recommend Tomato Palace.

15. Re: Hotels, Restaurants, Merriweather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:43 am, November 24, 2006