We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling from Columbia (MD-108) to Germantown

Which Columbia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gaithersburg...
Travelling from Columbia (MD-108) to Germantown

I am planning to rent a place in Columbia as that would be closer to my fiance's work place but I'll have to commute from Columbia to Germantown for work.

I did some research and found out that my best bet would be to take Clarksville Pike (MD-108) - Georgia ave and then MD-200 to get to Germantown.

However I am not sure about the traffic on MD-108 during office hours. Would appreciate if someone can share their experience or point out if I can make any modification to this route.

Edited: 2:02 pm, September 06, 2011
2 replies to this topic
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 12
1. Re: Travelling from Columbia (MD-108) to Germantown

There is no easy way if you are commuting during rush hour and Route 200 is a toll road. You could probably find some combination of back roads that would avoid a lot of traffic but there is no straight shot and anyway you take would be pushing an hour, easily double that with traffic.

My suggestion would be to look for a place somewhere in between, like Olney.

Gaithersburg...
2. Re: Travelling from Columbia (MD-108) to Germantown

Thanks for the input ! I'm fine with the toll but concerned about the traffic on MD-108 which is a single lane road for the most part. I am not sure how crowded it is so that's why was wondering if someone takes that route on a regular basis.

I actually tried looking for apartments in Onley, Clarksville, Sandy Springs and neighboring areas but couldn't find any good apartments there.

Thanks again for replying !

Reply to: Travelling from Columbia (MD-108) to Germantown
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted