We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Salad bar?

Which Columbia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore
reviews: 41
Salad bar?

Does anyone know of a good salad bar restaurant? We drive an hour each way from Ellicott City to eat at Golden Bull in Gaithersburg but would love to find something equivalent that's closer. We used to love Sgt. Peppers at the Columbia lakefront. Thanks!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 13
1. Re: Salad bar?

I see you didn't get a reply from 1.5 years ago because I don't think such an animal exists. I too miss Sgt. Peppers and for whatever reason, the soup/salad-bar only concept never took off here. So I always make an effort to get to Sweet Tomatoes whenever I happen to be in Florida.

Around here, it looks like your choices are limited to good salad bars as an accompaniment to an otherwise conventional restaurant, such as you've found at Golden Bull.

This Chowhound post addresses the exact same issue around DC, I think you'll find a similar situation around Columbia/Baltimore.

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/551274

It says a lot that the best salad bar I've found in the Columbia area is at Ruby Tuesday's. And the closest Sweet Tomatoes is in Raleigh, NC. :-(

Washington, DC
2. Re: Salad bar?

I think the salad bar at Ruby Tuesday is pretty gross. We actually have to go all the way to California to eat at Souplantation!

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 50
3. Re: Salad bar?

I actually think ALL salad bars are pretty gross. :)

4. Re: Salad bar?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, April 05, 2010