We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting the Univ. of Maryland

Which College Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NYC
reviews: 1
Visiting the Univ. of Maryland

We plan on visiting the Univ. of Delaware and then continue our trip to the Univ. of Maryland. I have 2 questions......How far are the 2 schools from one another? Would appreciate it if you could suggest some hotels very close to the Univ. of Maryland. Thanks

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
1. Re: Visiting the Univ. of Maryland

Google maps or mapquest would be two options for figuring out the distances. I'd be guessing if I said 90 miles maybe between the two?

I'm not a fan of any of the hotels around the campus. Where are you headed after Maryland? Back to New York? If so I might recommend staying somewhere like Columbia Maryland and driving the 20-25 minutes to College Park from there.

What's the budget for a hotel and when are you visiting?

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
2. Re: Visiting the Univ. of Maryland

actual driving time is probably 2 hours. Are you heading right back to NY after visiting MD? Plan on checking into hotel before you get there?

If you click on the link to the left, you will find a number of hotels right in College Park.

Here is another link that shows some hotels in Beltsville which is just north of College Park on 95.

http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rlz=1R1GGGL_enUS356US356&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=greenbelt+hotels&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotels&hnear=greenbelt&ei=PPh_S4u0Odng8AbZ0tWUBQ&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=1&ved=0CCoQtgMwAA

NYC
reviews: 1
3. Re: Visiting the Univ. of Maryland

After visiting the Univ. of Maryland we will be heading back to NY. We just thought it would be more convenient for us to stay at a hotel near the campus.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
4. Re: Visiting the Univ. of Maryland

All the options given are within 10-15 minutes of the Campus and on the way back to NY so not out of the way.

Annapolis
Destination Expert
for Annapolis
reviews: 4
5. Re: Visiting the Univ. of Maryland

I have a daughter at UMD but have never stayed in College Park (I live an hour away). With that clarification, If I was to pick from the hotels based upon their location and exterior appearance, I would stay in the Holiday Inn. Second choice would be the Inn at University College. In either case, you will probably not be strolling around college park from your hotel in the evening. The portion of Route 1 that the college students frequent isn't really convenient by foot, from any of the hotels, as I recall. The rest of that area isn't really all that touristy. You might enjoy taking the metro into DC, however. BTW, the list at left says that the Inn at University College is in Hyattsville, but it's really on the campus - just on the back side next to Md. Route 193. I think it's a Sheraton or other higher end chain hotel. If it's a nice day, you could walk to virtually any part of campus.

Edited: 7:33 am, February 22, 2010
Connecticut
reviews: 68
6. Re: Visiting the Univ. of Maryland

These schools are not far. I assume you are going down 95. I have stayed many times at the Marriott property on the campus of the Unviersity of Maryland. It is a nice facility and will much more quiet and safer than staying on route 1 which is noisy, very busy and downright dangerous. There is a great restaurant in the conference center attached so you won't have to go far. Also there is parking right there next to the hotel. If you don't want to stay there, try Greenbelt. It isn't far, choose hotels off route 193.

7. Re: Visiting the Univ. of Maryland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 23, 2010