We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terrapin Game

Which College Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Terrapin Game

We just got tickets to see a game on November 22nd and I'm trying to find a place to stay. I've read a lot of the posts and checked some of the hotels and have a few questions. We were looking at the Sheraton Washington North in Beltsville because it was one of 3 listed on the Terrapins website and we liked it because it mentioned the availability of the shuttle. We tried to find out if the shuttle would take you to the stadium for the game and had little luck getting an answer. All we could determine was they would take you within a 5 mile radius, not sure if the stadium falls into that category. The 800 number told us you had to make a reservation in advance for the shuttle. Anyone have an experience there? Also, if I decide against the Sheraton, I would prefer a more rural town rather than getting closer to DC. Any advice there? I'm sorry to be so long, just trying to make sure I'm explaining my question clearly.

Thanks for your advice

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 13
1. Re: Terrapin Game

I would suspect that if the hotel has enough business stemming from the Maryland game--and they should since they offer a "tailgate" package, are one of the nicer hotels in the vicinity of College Park, and are mentioned on the Terps website--they'll make a run or two to the game. It is five miles from the hotel to campus.

But ultimately, the only way to be sure will be to call the hotel directly. I wouldn't trust that any answer from the folks staffing the 800 number on such a detail would be current and correct.

I'm not quite sure I follow the "rural" statement. Why wouldn't you stay at the Sheraton? I'm seeing $99 rates for the game weekend, I would grab one of those before the FSU fans start filling up the place (and driving prices up).

NJ
2. Re: Terrapin Game

We did call the hotel directly and the person that answered the phone wasn't very helpful. She didn't even seem sure of where the stadium was. Then when we called the 800 number, they were actually a bit more helpful. Maybe we should try the hotel again and see if someone else might know. I definitely think I will be going with the Sheraton, great price for sure. My question about rural meant further from DC. I'm really not familiar with the area and didn't want to actually be in Washington. I think I'm just going to book at the Sheraton and hope for the best, LOL. If we have to drive, it really isn't a problem and you are so right about the price.

Thanks

Maryland
reviews: 14
3. Re: Terrapin Game

Did you check to see if the Marriott on campus has rooms? You could walk to the stadium from the Marriott.

NJ
4. Re: Terrapin Game

We reserved a room at the Sheraton and will hope for the best. Husband is really looking forward to the game.

5. Re: Terrapin Game

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 pm, October 09, 2009