We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

University of Maryland-nearby lodging

Which College Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan
reviews: 26
University of Maryland-nearby lodging

Hi. I'm coming with a school group for an event at the University of Maryland. Unfortunately, all the hotels are book in College Park for our dates. I'm unfamiliar with the area and was wondering if anyone could offer any suggestions as to alternative towns nearby to stay. Thanks.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 12
1. Re: University of Maryland-nearby lodging

A lot depends on your budget. I'd first look at Greenbelt--there's a nice full-service Marriott, a Hilton Garden Inn, and a Courtyard.

If those are unavailable or out of your price range, then look at Laurel or Silver Spring. Most of your choices in these areas are of the Comfort/Days/Holiday Inn variety.

I'd then look at areas like New Carrollton or Largo only if you still have problems finding availability or meeting your budget.

If you provide specific dates and budget, better guidance is available.

Michigan
2. Re: University of Maryland-nearby lodging

Our dates are May 31st-June 4th. We are trying to stay middle-of-the-road price range.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 51
3. Re: University of Maryland-nearby lodging

"We are trying to stay middle-of-the-road price range."

But what does that term mean to you? $150 per night? $80? $60? The best way to get assistance is to let us know your budget. In dollars. :)

Michigan
4. Re: University of Maryland-nearby lodging

I would say middle of the road is between $100-200.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 51
5. Re: University of Maryland-nearby lodging

Take a look at the Holiday Inn Greenbelt. It's in your price range. Decent location probably 15 minutes from the UM campus at least in non-rush hour.

It sits on the edge of a shopping center complex where I have lunch once in a while, so I know the area. You have some fast food and chain dining options right there (Chevys, Denny's, Wendy's, and a decent Chinese place, plus a local Maryland area chain "Jaspers" that compares to a TgFridays kind of place)

Maryland
6. Re: University of Maryland-nearby lodging

There are many other options in Prince Georges County that may put you 15-20 minutes away from the campus. Check out www.visitprincegeorges.com for other hotel listings.

Maryland
7. Re: University of Maryland-nearby lodging

There are many other options in Prince Georges County that may put you 15-20 minutes away from the campus. Check out www.visitprincegeorges.com for other hotel listings.

Maryland
reviews: 4
8. Re: University of Maryland-nearby lodging

I just posted the following on your other posting:

The conference center at UMUC was the first one to be booked from what a poster on the DC forum stated.

Here are some nearby hotels that are nice hotels. A few of the locations will take about 20 minutes to get to your event but if you are driving it won't be that bad, I don't think that's a long drive to get to where you need to go.

-Hampton Inn/Largo: $159.00. Directly off of I-95 and not too many exits from the event location.

-Greenbelt Marriott: $219.00 (average)

-Courtyard-New Carrollton: $199.00 per night (average)

-Towne Place Suite-Bowie Town Center. (It's not off of I-95 but off of 50 which is easily connected to 95 where the even location is. I don't think it's too far from the site and what's nearby is a plus. Some places to eat, shop, movies, etc.

-Radisson/Largo: $161.50 average rate (cheaper for the weekend rates)

-Sheraton/Beltsville: $159.00

Just a few choices of some clean and nice places to stay that aren't too far from UMD for those that still need a room. Some aren't metro accessible but if you are driving it isn't bad.

9. Re: University of Maryland-nearby lodging

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:23 am, September 26, 2009