We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets at Metered Parking in Parking Lots

Which Bethesda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Tickets at Metered Parking in Parking Lots

I recently spent 3 days in Bethesda and DC. All was very pleasant except for a $45 parking ticket we received for an expired meter in a parking lot. We had deposited enough quarters and dimes to have 6 hours and some minutes on the meter. We figured that would be enough to cover us while we took the Metro into DC for the rest of the morning and part of the afternoon. About 2 hours later (1:09 pm) we got a ticket (time stated on the ticket) for an expired meter. Just wondering if others have had this problem with a rental car or out of state plates as we had.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 40
1. Re: Tickets at Metered Parking in Parking Lots

How long was the max time for the meter?

Kalamazoo, Michigan
2. Re: Tickets at Metered Parking in Parking Lots

I think it was10 hours or more. I just remember checking and that was not going to be a problem.

Bethesda MD
reviews: 15
3. Re: Tickets at Metered Parking in Parking Lots

Never heard of that happening, and for several years I commuted by parking at a metered County garage with no issue. (But then, I have in-state plates.) Most of the garages have both short-term (hourly) and all-day parking, and while the difference is signed it's possible to miss. Are you sure the ticket was for an expired meter rather than parking too long in a short-term space?

Of course, it's also possible a meter-reader made an honest mistake. For what I've seen and heard, Bethesda parking attendants don't discriminate against visitors -- they ticket everyone they can, and maybe sometimes they think it's better to ticket ten innocent parkers than let a guilty one go free..

If it's any comfort, one can pay $45 to park in NYC or SF, without being ticketed.

The public garage off Woodmont just west of the M is attended, not metered, and is as convenient to the M as any.

Kalamazoo, Michigan
4. Re: Tickets at Metered Parking in Parking Lots

Tilted: Thanks for the words. I think I'm about over it after 1 1/2 weeks or so. We did enjoy Bethesda very much!

5. Re: Tickets at Metered Parking in Parking Lots

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 am, December 03, 2014