We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

downtown bethesda for SINGLES and CoL (apartment costs)

Which Bethesda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 54
downtown bethesda for SINGLES and CoL (apartment costs)

writing to get some feedback on opinions for downtown bethesda living

namely apartments--rentals, costs, aesthetics, types etc.

eateries?

shopping?

local transportation?

single versus families--are the downtown streets wrought with strollers?

a narrative description of this place would be helpful--downtown and VERY nearby areas

1 reply
Bethesda MD
reviews: 15
1. Re: downtown bethesda for SINGLES and CoL (apartment costs)

In walking distance to the Metro station, around which Bethesda centers, you have apartments ranging from postwar garden apartments to urban lofts that, as condos, sell for a million and up. Restaurant selection is deep and wide, you won't get to them all before they turn over. Bethesda Urban Partnership website will give you a retail and restaurant listing. Local transportation is excellent -- Metro, Ride On bus, bikeshare coming very soon. Yes there are lots of strollers; young couples with means tend to move here from inside DC for the top notch public schools.

I'm inferring from your "wrought with strollers" that you'd view that as a negative, i.e., you're a young single looking for a hip scene. You can find some of that here, but if that's what you're seeking I'd look first inside DC, like Columbia Heights and Adams Morgan, and also consider the newly redeveloped area near the ballpark, and close-in Virginia.

In NYC terms, we're sort of Upper West Side, I guess.

Beware that "Bethesda" isn't an incorporated municipality with defined boundaries. so its definition can be flexible.

Reply to: downtown bethesda for SINGLES and CoL (apartment costs)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted