We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants

Which Bethesda hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pennsylvania
reviews: 4
Restaurants

We will be traveling to Bethesda with a few 12 year old girls. I need a restaurant recommendation that's not too expensive. Our hotel is right at the Metro station, so we can also take the Metro into Washington if someone has a good suggestion..

11 replies to this topic
Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 13
1. Re: Restaurants

Definitely need more info--there are literally dozens of restaurants within a five-minute walk of your location--only a few of which I would say are patently inappropriate for 12-year-olds or very expensive. Taking the Metro into Washington only multiplies the choices without knowing what they like.

What's your budget and what sort of cuisine do they like? Bethesda doesn't have a lot of chain restaurants--but if you could name a chain that appeals to them, that might help with suggestions for a local equivalent.

Pennsylvania
2. Re: Restaurants

I have looked into several Bethesda restaurants, but they all seem to be around $30 per person which is a little steep for us. Looking for something casual after a long day of soccer. A nice pub, Italian or Mexican would work. It would be for 15-20 people.

Thanks

Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 12
3. Re: Restaurants

Some good pizza joints in Bethesda:

Pizzeria de Marco

Red Tomato Cafe

Mia's Pizza

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
4. Re: Restaurants

Just how steep is $30/person? Is $25/person doable? $20? $15? Do you definitely want/need full service (waiter)?

Pennsylvania
5. Re: Restaurants

I would say $20 per person without drinks. We prefer table service.

Pennsylvania
6. Re: Restaurants

Thanks for the suggestion. Mia's looks good. We have two nights so we will definitely go there one of them.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
7. Re: Restaurants

Uncle Julio's Rio Grand Cafe for Mexican is doable for $20. Hard Times Cafe has great chili & burgers, would probably run no more than $15. Check out their websites. Hard Times has a lot of promo deals, too. http://www.hardtimes.com/locations/bethesda/

Fort Myers, Florida
reviews: 164
8. Re: Restaurants

To be honest most palces in Bethesda are overpriced and not that great. To get better food and prices I suggest you take the train downtown or to Silver Spring. Pines of Rome is agood bet for cheap Itallian food in the heart of Bethesda. Ollazo is also good for Itallian.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Las Vegas, Washington DC, County Donegal, Western Ireland
reviews: 49
9. Re: Restaurants

I'm not sure how practical it would be to take a 30+ minute Metro trip from Bethesda to Silver Spring, spending $3-$4 each way per person, to find a cheaper restaurant.

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
10. Re: Restaurants

Closer to an hour on Metro each way, given that you'd need to go through downtown DC and back out each time. More practical driving 15 minutes or taking the local bus, which is more direct.

But the Silver Spring suggestion assumes you go along with the poster's premise that there's no good food to be had in Bethesda at a reasonable price. I don't. I will say that if you happen to be in Silver Spring, there's no compelling reason to go to Bethesda for dinner, and vice-versa.

Reply to: Restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted