We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

long July weekend in Bel Air

Which Bel Air hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
USA
reviews: 3
long July weekend in Bel Air

My son is in a lacrosse tournement in Bel Air 7/15-17. Any lodging to avoid? Stick to the chains? Any good eats - I've seen some posts for crabs in HleGr. I'm not a big steamer fan but smoked anything appeals? Any sites to see?

6 replies to this topic
Maryland, USA
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 10
1. Re: long July weekend in Bel Air

Steamed crabs is all you're gonna get down here in MD.

Wet Willy's Crab Deck in Edgewood has steamed crabs, nothing fancy, and is probably the closest you can get to Bel Air. If you want to drive further into Baltimore, you'll have more options.

Gunpowder State Park is also beautiful for hiking and there is a waterfall that has been in some movies.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 35
2. Re: long July weekend in Bel Air

Specifically, where is the tournament? I live in Bel Air and can recommend places to eat when I knew what fields you are playing on. Other than smoked foods what do you like to eat.

Most of the hotels are off 95; the ones off the 543 exit are the newer and nicer.

IThe Killgore waterfall is in a northern section of Rock State Park called Falling Branch also home of the King and Queen seat. dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/central/rocks.asp

I like Susquehanna State Park too.

Check out the forum posts for Havre de Grace and then ask some specific questions.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
reviews: 36
3. Re: long July weekend in Bel Air

HDeG is worth walking around. Lot's of interesting restaurants to try.

Many antique stores.

Also Mt Felix Vineyard is worth a stop. It is right off of 95.

http://www.mountfelix.com/vineyards.html

USA
reviews: 3
4. Re: long July weekend in Bel Air

The games will be at Cedar Lane Park. Other than smoked foods I'm a big locavore fan - whatever is produced well and locally appeals. If I have a big enough block of time a trip to HDG farmers market for provisions, a stop at Mt Felix for quaffables and a subsequent picknic at Susguehanna SP sounds perfect.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 59
5. Re: long July weekend in Bel Air

HdG Farmers market would be a good choice. There are a few nice eats in HdG. downtown. Laurrapin is the best around and Tidewater gives you great waterfront views of the old bridges that cross the Susquahana. I lived across the river in Port Deposit for a few years and the area around there is nice.

If you're a locavore then it's gonna be steamed crabs or rockfish. Local snowballs are good too. Maryland's unofficial dessert.

Baltimore, MD
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
reviews: 35
6. Re: long July weekend in Bel Air

Cedar Lane Park is 2 miles from the 95/543 interchange. I suggest the Country Inn or Homewood Suites but there are several others.

Best food for young athletes: Riverside Pizzeria.

Best farm made ice cream: Broom's Bloom

Best upscale local food: Pairings Bistro

Best lacrosse sports bar: Looney's

Best daily farm stand: Brad's Produce

Bel Air's Farmers market is by the courthouse on Saturday morning 7-11.

I live 2 miles from the park and often watch my nephew play lacrosse there.

Bel Air is closer to the park than Havre de Grace. I love Larrapin Grille too.

Reply to: long July weekend in Bel Air
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bel Air
More Bel Air Topics