We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One bedroom suites? Toddler activities?

Which York hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 26
One bedroom suites? Toddler activities?

We will be traveling to Maine for a four day trip in mid-August with our active 2 1/2 year old son. We'd like to hit the beach, the wild animal kingdom, and any other toddler friendly activities we can find within an hour drive. We'll probably also take a drive up to Freeport and hit some of the outlets and LL Bean.

I'd like to find a hotel within walking distance of the beach and restaurants, preferably with a pool. We need a one bedroom with a door we can close for the little one's nap times and would also like to have a refrigerator and patio/balcony. Is there anywhere like this in York? Would we be better off going a bit further to Ogonquit?

I'd also welcome any toddler friendly activities and/or restaurant suggestions. Thanks so much!

Maine
1. Re: One bedroom suites? Toddler activities?

Search our Accommodations listings for your specifications and you should be able to find what you want! Good luck and have a great trip! http://www.visitmaine.com/accommodations/

~ The Maine Office of Tourism

Boston...
2. Re: One bedroom suites? Toddler activities?

Most of the larger hotels (Union Bluff, Anchorage Inn, Stage Neck) have units like you are describing. You also may want to look at rental agencies like Rivers By the Sea that offer weekly rentals for cottages. The cottages won't have a pool, but may be close enough to the beach that it won't matter. Union Bluff is right in Shorts Sands, which is close the Wild Animal Kingdom & playgroup right on Short Sands Beach. I don't know if they have a pool or not - I want to say no, but I'm not sure. Anchorage Inn is along the trolley route which will get you easy access to Short Sands & the Wild Kingdom - plus my kids love riding it. They have two pools that I remember and are on Long Sands Beach. There is a small snack bar next to the pool and I think a restaurant next door/across the street. Stage Neck is on Harbor Beach - I know they have a pool & snack bar there plus a restaurant in their building. I think that the trolley also goes down to that beach as well - so it would be able to take you to Short Sands & the Wild Animal Kingdom/playground.

3. Re: One bedroom suites? Toddler activities?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, June 24, 2014