We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

continental breakfasts in hotels

Which Portland hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
continental breakfasts in hotels

Which hotel chains in the USA do you think have the best free continental breakfasts?

Antrim, New...
reviews: 14
1. Re: continental breakfasts in hotels

This is changing for a lot of the affordable hotel chains, and may vary by location. Many of them are now offering make-it-yourself fresh waffles. This is almost standard in chsins like Comfort, Best WEstern, Fairfield Inn, Hampton Inn and others. SOme of them are offering a simple hot buffet, too, with eggs, meats, and potatoes, along with the usual continental breakfast items. Usually they will feature this on their websites with some key words like "Better Breakfast" or something implying hotel and appatizing.

That said, depending on how frugal you want to be, You may save more money on a no breakfast hotel, or one with a very cheesy breakfast (and I'm not talking dairy product), and clip coupons before you go, and get your breakfast at McD's or the local bagel joint.

Bar Harbor, Maine
reviews: 7
2. Re: continental breakfasts in hotels

You're possibly not getting a lot of answers on this topic because hotel chains are not big in Maine. We definitely have a few in Portland and in Freeport. But most of the towns in Maine stick with independently-owned hotels, motels, and Bed and Breakfast. You can travel frugally in Maine and get lots more than a free continental breakfast when you stay at a B&B. Back when I was a tourist here, before moving to Maine, I used to get by on two meals a day: the very ample and tasty breakfast served at my B&B and a nice dinner out.

3. Re: continental breakfasts in hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, August 30, 2009