We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Maine Street is for sale!

Which Ogunquit hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Maine Street is for sale!

Saw it while perusing the listings:

www.mainehomes.net/Default.aspx…

This bums me out - I hope the club won't change from what it is now but I am doubtful.

Exton, PA
reviews: 19
1. Re: Maine Street is for sale!

They change is inevitable but Ogunquit seems to have its share of business changes. The old Joe Allen restaurant is being converted to the Abacus (crafts gallery). Do you know if the Leavitt Theater was sold? There was a for sale sign on it in June and it was gone in November but the season was over so it was hard to tell its future. What a great old movie house...hope it survives too. Oh well, the ocean remains constant....

Boston...
2. Re: Maine Street is for sale!

That is so true about the ocean being constant (and throw in no threat of building near it!).

The theatre is also for sale still.

That is interesting about the Joe Allen location - crafts sound good to me!

Boston
reviews: 8
3. Re: Maine Street is for sale!

Hopefully, Maine Street will remain what it has always been, just under a new owner. I would hate to see it become something drastically different, like another pseudo artisan ceneter that sells mass produced crafts made to look like handcrafts. There are way too many of those in OGT. Also, there is no need for yet another prententious restaurant. I would love to see Maine Steet continue on as a friendly, fun club.

Boston...
4. Re: Maine Street is for sale!

New info about another club building for sale:

Club InsideOUT

www.mainehomes.net/Default.aspx…

Even though I've never been to that place due to the posers and the cover charge, I don't like this trend ...

Boston
5. Re: Maine Street is for sale!

Mainstreet seems to be gearing up for the coming season and under the same management. I'm on their mailing list and recently got an announcement that they have a lot of fun things planned for the summer. I don't know if it's still up for sale, but at least for this season, it seems they plan to continue on as they always have.

Inside Out is pretty dull unless they are having a show or special event party. It tries too hard to be a big city dance club which doesn't seem to work in Ogt.

Boston...
6. Re: Maine Street is for sale!

A lot of businesses in Maine stay open while the building is for sale. I hope the bar can stay there a long while ... this reminds me, I just saw a For Sale (with an accompanying sign indicating they were opening soon for the season) at the Omelette Factory - I also hope that business can stay in place, even if the building gets sold ...

Boston
7. Re: Maine Street is for sale!

I'm figuring, since Mainstreet is palnning the whole summer season, either they don't plan on the building being sold and becoming something else anytime soon, or the building is sold and the club is staying on as a tenent....either way, I'm happy.

8. Re: Maine Street is for sale!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:29 am, September 25, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Ogunquit